On the Bills' first offensive snap Sunday...

eball

9 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I really believe we will see more of the protections ans play that we saw in game 1 of the preseason. The other 3 were a disguise of the real thing. We will know by this timebon Sunday.

You don't disguise to the point where you can't even begin to assess the QB play. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You don't disguise to the point where you can't even begin to assess the QB play. 

Game 2 was not a free for all on the QB. Im as concerned about the OL as the next guy That said they disguised the type of play we will see. The Run action went totally away after game 1. That moved the ball well. Also the TE sets in game 1 were not seen again. Game 1 the D moved around and game 3 the O moved around. That was by design to see what they had. 

41 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Game 2 was not a free for all on the QB. Im as concerned about the OL as the next guy That said they disguised the type of play we will see. The Run action went totally away after game 1. That moved the ball well. Also the TE sets in game 1 were not seen again. Game 1 the D moved around and game 3 the O moved around. That was by design to see what they had. 

Oh I totally agree that after game 1 they definitely went to showing less on offense. But ultimately both in game 2 and game 3 the first team offensive line could not hold their blocks. AJ in game 2 and Josh in game 3 were both guilty of holding it a little too long on occasion but the majority of the snaps in both games they never had a chance. Would a less vanilla scheme cause just enough confusion and hesitation from defences to give the Quarterback that extra second to get his throw off? Hopefully so. I don't expect the line to look as bad as it did against Cincinnati but I think expecting it to look as comfortable as it did early on against Carolina's starters knocking the rust off in totally vanilla cover 2 and straight up 4 man rush with no twists, stunts or blitzes is wildly optimistic. This offensive line is bad - especially the guard play. It is going to hurt our offense. The question is how much.

10 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Incognito jumps out of the stands, runs onto the field and is flagged for unnecessary roughness.

He is, however, fully dressed.

As for an actual play?...direct snap to McCoy, runs left, gain of 17.

What?  Wrecks is gone?  Never mind.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

18 hours ago, eball said:

...I believe all of Bills Mafia will be holding their collective breaths.  I know I will be.  Even though I have no confidence in Peterman I also feel somewhat ashamed that I'm fearful of disaster when he takes the field.

If I step back and take a wider view Peterman starting is really a "no lose" situation and I understand why McD made that decision.  If Peterman plays well and the Bills are winning it's a fantastic story of redemption and perhaps Peterman becomes a trade chip.  If he doesn't play well or is injured, it's far easier for McD to go from Nate to Josh than vice-versa and the Allen Era begins.

I'm going to try and enjoy the ride.  Be ready for a huge exhale after that first pass attempt.

Mr. eball, I don´t think anyone , not named Dermott, would´ve put his strategy in better words!! 

18 hours ago, eball said:

...I believe all of Bills Mafia will be holding their collective breaths.  I know I will be.  Even though I have no confidence in Peterman I also feel somewhat ashamed that I'm fearful of disaster when he takes the field.

If I step back and take a wider view Peterman starting is really a "no lose" situation and I understand why McD made that decision.  If Peterman plays well and the Bills are winning it's a fantastic story of redemption and perhaps Peterman becomes a trade chip.  If he doesn't play well or is injured, it's far easier for McD to go from Nate to Josh than vice-versa and the Allen Era begins.

I'm going to try and enjoy the ride.  Be ready for a huge exhale after that first pass attempt.

pick six, the goblin thus slain the Bills only rise like an escalator the rest of the season

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Slant to Benjamin

It seems that KB and Peterman have good chemistry or Peterman just loves throwing to him.  Supposedly the first scripted plays in the Charger game last year had a lot of KB involved but then he got hurt after the tackle on his first completion.  In the Indy game, Peterman targeted him I believe 6 times before he got hurt.

In their only time together this preseason, Peterman targeted him 4 times in the 1st quarter.

I think Benjamin is going to have a good statistical year.  I can see 80 catches, 1000 yards and 5-6 TD's.  He'll get a decent contract when he's a FA.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh I totally agree that after game 1 they definitely went to showing less on offense. But ultimately both in game 2 and game 3 the first team offensive line could not hold their blocks. AJ in game 2 and Josh in game 3 were both guilty of holding it a little too long on occasion but the majority of the snaps in both games they never had a chance. Would a less vanilla scheme cause just enough confusion and hesitation from defences to give the Quarterback that extra second to get his throw off? Hopefully so. I don't expect the line to look as bad as it did against Cincinnati but I think expecting it to look as comfortable as it did early on against Carolina's starters knocking the rust off in totally vanilla cover 2 and straight up 4 man rush with no twists, stunts or blitzes is wildly optimistic. This offensive line is bad - especially the guard play. It is going to hurt our offense. The question is how much.

I agree. That said Im not callingbit bad until after Sunday. A few more days to go. 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems that KB and Peterman have good chemistry or Peterman just loves throwing to him.  Supposedly the first scripted plays in the Charger game last year had a lot of KB involved but then he got hurt after the tackle on his first completion.  In the Indy game, Peterman targeted him I believe 6 times before he got hurt.

In their only time together this preseason, Peterman targeted him 4 times in the 1st quarter.

I think Benjamin is going to have a good statistical year.  I can see 80 catches, 1000 yards and 5-6 TD's.  He'll get a decent contract when he's a FA.

He better not get hurt either, because everything else is unproven.

• Like (+1) 1

i'm no oc but i'm going with a 2 back set.....primarily shady and ivory with clay or croom (1te) with kb and zay on the outside. handoff to shady or hit him or ivory in the flat. lather rinse repeat. on 2nd and shorts i'm taking a shot on the outside ( 10-20) or hitting kerley or zay on a slant.

1st and 10 nate threads the needle to croom over the deep middle(25)... and then pop murphy for a few. drive ends up with shady taking it in on the outside from 5-10 yds. out.

the idea is get the early lead and the bills go up 10 -0 quick. final score 27-17. game 2 home opener becomes the mecca of table breaking....yum

come on nate....make jimbo proud. i have all the faith that you can do it.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 9/4/2018 at 5:58 PM, Lurker said:

Last year, the Ravens were 9-7 and ranked 6th in points allowed (Bills were 18th) and 9th in points scored (Bills were 22nd).   

In their home opener, they are surely badass enough to beat this Bills roster...

With a quarter of their schedule against cleveland and cinci.   Hey I'm not saying they suck, but they're a 500 team and it was bugging me with everyone acting like they're some powerhouse. There was a time last year when joltin joe flacco was on pace to throw more picks than td's. He's very inconsistent.

They'll have some wrinkles with Lamar that will surprise us, but other than that its the same ol 16-19 ppg Ravens.  Run, play tough D, let Joe take a few deep shots when the box is stacked.

For what its worth, I got an 8 point spread bet in on the Bills (was going to lay off but it kept moving up so I had to act) and this is gonna be the easiest $250 of the year.