On the Bills' first offensive snap Sunday...

eball

...I believe all of Bills Mafia will be holding their collective breaths.  I know I will be.  Even though I have no confidence in Peterman I also feel somewhat ashamed that I'm fearful of disaster when he takes the field.

If I step back and take a wider view Peterman starting is really a "no lose" situation and I understand why McD made that decision.  If Peterman plays well and the Bills are winning it's a fantastic story of redemption and perhaps Peterman becomes a trade chip.  If he doesn't play well or is injured, it's far easier for McD to go from Nate to Josh than vice-versa and the Allen Era begins.

I'm going to try and enjoy the ride.  Be ready for a huge exhale after that first pass attempt.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

On the Bills' first offensive snap Sunday...

On the first 3rd and long they should call a double move, the corners are going to be salivating for a lazy out throw and will bite hard on the fake...easy 6!

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 6

The first play.... 

Peterman under centre, 3 step drop completes to Benjamin on the curl route for 6 yards. 

The second play....

McCoy run to the left. Loss of 3 yards.

The third play....

Peterman in the gun, throws for Clay right at the sticks. INTERCEPTED by a linebacker who simulated pressure then dropped into an underneath zone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eball said:

...I believe all of Bills Mafia will be holding their collective breaths.  I know I will be.  Even though I have no confidence in Peterman I also feel somewhat ashamed that I'm fearful of disaster when he takes the field.

If I step back and take a wider view Peterman starting is really a "no lose" situation and I understand why McD made that decision.  If Peterman plays well and the Bills are winning it's a fantastic story of redemption and perhaps Peterman becomes a trade chip.  If he doesn't play well or is injured, it's far easier for McD to go from Nate to Josh than vice-versa and the Allen Era begins.

I'm going to try and enjoy the ride.  Be ready for a huge exhale after that first pass attempt.

And us being at the game   

we'll hope we aren't mocked mercilessly as we leave the stadium 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Unless that first pass is an interception?

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The first play: Peterman takes the snap under center, takes a five-step drop, and is promptly dismembered by the Baltimore D as the offensive line collectively takes a seven-step drop...

Subsequently beginning the Josh Allen era

“False start, offense, number 76, five yards and we’ll replay the down.”

I might bet my life savings on that happening..."

Please don't bet your life savings on this.  

My prediction is as long as the Ravens load the box (7 or more near the line) , Nate will  throw every play until they back off.  Throwing to Benjamin, Clay, and Croom  (the big guys).

Nate, unlike Taylor, will use the middle of the filed all day.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm disappointed.

I thought this was a "predict what happens on the first play" thread.

I may start that thread myself.

It can be whatever you want it to be...