"Fear: Trump in the White House"

ALF

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Okay, so now the new outrage is Trump lying about someone taping him again?

Help me out here. Where does this outrage fit with the Russia collusion outrage? Or is that not an outrage anymore?

Where does it fit with Stormy Daniels outrage? Or the Omarosa outrage? Or the draft dodger outrage? Or the LeBron outrage? Or the Kanye outrage?

Can't you nuts just pick an outrage already?  You're like a bunch of squirrels, for crying out loud.

It's over something so petty that it's not what I call outrage. It's more "sadly shaking head and laughing"

I mean, Trump long proved that he wasn't trustworthy enough to watch a bent nickel never mind the presidency. There was his consistent pattern of ripping off contractors, claiming Muslims in NJ danced over the Twin Towers falling and then doubling down on it when it was debunked. There was him mocking a reporter that he had known for years on a name basis, in front of a camera and then lying about knowing the guy and that he was mocking him. There was him admitting that he doesn't pay taxes in a debate. There has been is ever changing story about the meeting his son took in Trump tower, from it being about adoptions, to  a business opportunity until he finally admitted that his son went to the meeting to get foreign intel about his political opponent.

This just makes me laughingly ask "What kind of idiot believes a word out of his mouth? What moronic rube can actually try to defend the level of his lying, which seems to border on pathological? How gullible can a person be?"

And then I come on here and get my answer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's over something so petty that it's not what I call outrage. It's more "sadly shaking head and laughing"

I mean, Trump long proved that he wasn't trustworthy enough to watch a bent nickel never mind the presidency. There was his consistent pattern of ripping off contractors, claiming Muslims in NJ danced over the Twin Towers falling and then doubling down on it when it was debunked. There was him mocking a reporter that he had known for years on a name basis, in front of a camera and then lying about knowing the guy and that he was mocking him. There was him admitting that he doesn't pay taxes in a debate. There has been is ever changing story about the meeting his son took in Trump tower, from it being about adoptions, to  a business opportunity until he finally admitted that his son went to the meeting to get foreign intel about his political opponent.

This just makes me laughingly ask "What kind of idiot believes a word out of his mouth? What moronic rube can actually try to defend the level of his lying, which seems to border on pathological? How gullible can a person be?"

And then I come on here and get my answer.

The stupid lies Trump tells don't affect policy as far as I can tell. They're just stupid lies. I hate the stuff, but that bull isn't going back in the barn any time soon.

One could easily argue people stopped caring about presidents lying once it was used to pass Obamacare, and blow off the death of Marines and a UN Ambassador.

One could easily argue that after eight years of lies that found our health insurance options completely aborted and people dead at embassies, lying about whether you know a reporter or not is small potatoes.

And before you get crunchy, I'm not saying Obama did it, so it's okay for Trump to do. I'm saying if you're going to get to a point where you don't trust a lying president, you should have spoken up 10 years ago, when the lies were more harmful.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Are you still running over to PPP because you saw something on Facebook  you had to share over here before you run away without discussing what you posted?

Even gator/tibs stays around, and they make you look like an intellectual.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That is what "Deep State" refers to: the belief by the civil service that they are the true representatives of the will of the country.

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hi. Have you given this a read yet, like you said you would months ago? Are you ready to discuss it and the implications it has on the entire story? Or... nah? 

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/icotr/51117/2016_Cert_FISC_Memo_Opin_Order_Apr_2017.pdf

1 hour ago, LaDexter said:

The WaPo.

The NYT

CNN

If anyone is still confused, here it is in simple English....

The ISRAEL LOBBY wants Trump OUT ASAP....

Only their braindead sheep followers listen to their garbage.

Unfortunately, it is way too many people that believe their useless, but harmful, rhetoric.

But the key question here, which it appears no one in the public knows the answer to yet, is with WHOM does Woodward have recordings?

Based on the Post’s description of Woodward’s sourcing, it seems very possible that large portions of his quotations come not from the source directly, but from someone else who supposedly witnessed the statement being made.

This is a distinction that is extremely critical to understanding the credibility of what is in the book. Getting quotes second-hand is inherently unreliable not just because humans are really bad at remembering exactly what people said

https://www.mediaite.com/print/unless-bob-woodward-releases-tapes-proving-his-book-is-real-fear-will-actually-help-trump/

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Not when the subject of the story, Kelly, denies its reality. 

Again, you've been pushing a baseless conspiracy theory for over two years now, so I understand why you confuse fiction with fact

Says the guy who was pushing the notion that Ellen DeGeneres was conspiring with the "Deep State"

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ALF said:

But the key question here, which it appears no one in the public knows the answer to yet, is with WHOM does Woodward have recordings?

Based on the Post’s description of Woodward’s sourcing, it seems very possible that large portions of his quotations come not from the source directly, but from someone else who supposedly witnessed the statement being made.

This is a distinction that is extremely critical to understanding the credibility of what is in the book. Getting quotes second-hand is inherently unreliable not just because humans are really bad at remembering exactly what people said

https://www.mediaite.com/print/unless-bob-woodward-releases-tapes-proving-his-book-is-real-fear-will-actually-help-trump/

When left leaning outlets are coming to terms with this, it's not a good look for Woodward, and those advancing his fiction as justification for President Trump's removal, and speaks, once again, to the existence of a very real deep state.

• Like (+1) 2

Now.....................we wouldn't want to doubt Bob, would we ?

REMINDER:

BOB WOODWARD: Bush Didn’t Lie About WMD, And Obama Sure Screwed Up Iraq In 2011.

[Y]ou certainly can make a persuasive argument it was a mistake. But there is a time that line going along that Bush and the other people lied about this. I spent 18 months looking at how Bush decided to invade Iraq. And lots of mistakes, but it was Bush telling George Tenet, the CIA director, don’t let anyone stretch the case on WMD. And he was the one who was skeptical. And if you try to summarize why we went into Iraq, it was momentum. The war plan kept getting better and easier, and finally at the end, people were saying, hey, look, it will only take a week or two. And early on it looked like it was going to take a year or 18 months. And so Bush pulled the trigger. A mistake certainly can be argued, and there is an abundance of evidence. But there was no lying in this that I could find.

Plus:

Woodward was also asked if it was a mistake to withdraw in 2011. Wallace points out that Obama has said that he tried to negotiate a status of forces agreement but did not succeed, but “A lot of people think he really didn’t want to keep any troops there.” Woodward agrees that Obama didn’t want to keep troops there and elaborates:

Look, Obama does not like war. But as you look back on this, the argument from the military was, let’s keep 10,000, 15,000 troops there as an insurance policy. And we all know insurance policies make sense. We have 30,000 troops or more in South Korea still 65 years or so after the war. When you are a superpower, you have to buy these insurance policies. And he didn’t in this case. I don’t think you can say everything is because of that decision, but clearly a factor.

About 50% of the way through the book. I doubt most here will read it, but I don't think it paints Trump in a particularly bad light. Working through it, I actually like the guy and he makes me laugh out loud a lot. Summarizing one anecdote between Trump, and I believe David Bossie (and others): 

Bossie: "One of the obstacles to you getting elected is that you don't vote in every election."

Trump: "I vote in every election."

Bossie: "You have voted in one primary election in your life, in 1988." 

Trump: "That's a lie."

Bossie: "There are records."

Trump: "Yeah, that was for Rudy. They keep records?"

Bossie: "Yes, just of your attendance to vote." 

Trump: "OK. We can overcome that." 

I imagine that's how Trump approaches the world. 

Step 1: My way is right.

Step 2: When Step 1 is incorrect, Step 1 is still correct.

Step 3: When Step 2 is incorrect and cannot be denied, punch someone, anyone.

Woodward paints Bannon in a flattering light (from my perspective). Woodward also continues to malign Obama's leadership, just like he did in the Obama books he wrote. 

There's nothing revelatory, but it is a fun read. The title of "Fear" was smart to draw the crazy left readers, but a more appropriate title might have been "Chaos." I don't see much evidence of "Fear" anywhere in the book. 

I am not afraid of Trump after reading it, not that I ever was. He is deeply invested in peace, oddly obsessed with dictators, a bit obsessed about the"look" of certain people, amoral, impulsive, funny in his bombastic way, is anti-free trade like a caveman despite almost everyone but Navarro trying to convince him otherwise, and clearly aware that his "team" walks his worst instincts back. He may not always know what is being walked back, but he knows it happens. He also believes that he can get anything he wants done. 

Enjoyable read.  

On 9/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, B-Man said:

Now.....................we wouldn't want to doubt Bob, would we ?

REMINDER:

BOB WOODWARD: Bush Didn’t Lie About WMD, And Obama Sure Screwed Up Iraq In 2011.

Woodward was not an Obama fan and seemed to prefer both Bushes. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

On 9/6/2018 at 2:56 PM, LaDexter said:

The WaPo.

The NYT

CNN

If anyone is still confused, here it is in simple English....

The ISRAEL LOBBY wants Trump OUT ASAP....

You are undoubtedly the WORST antisemite I’ve come across. Not in that you’re incorrigible, but in that you’re just bad at it. You suck at jew hating. 

Why would the Jews want Trump out of office when he had been all too happy to comply with recognizing Jerusalem as their capital?