"Fear: Trump in the White House"

ALF

On 9/4/2018 at 8:52 AM, ALF said:

Woodward's 448-page book,

Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'

President Donald Trump's closest aides have taken extraordinary measures in the White House to try to stop what they saw as his most dangerous impulses, going so far as to swipe and hide papers from his desk so he wouldn't sign them, according to a new book from legendary journalist Bob Woodward.

Woodward offers a devastating portrait of a dysfunctional Trump White House, detailing how senior aides — both current and former Trump administration officials — grew exasperated with the President and increasingly worried about his erratic behavior, ignorance and penchant for lying.

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a !@#$ing liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html?adkey=bn

How many of these books are out there?

Have they effectuated anything? 

Most people are happy with the economy, jobs, North Korea, immigration enforcement, and the decimation of ISIS. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

That neither the publisher, Woodward, nor the Post provided advanced copies to the White House tells you all you need to know about that book's purpose.

Oh yes, I'm sure. 

24 minutes ago, westside said:

Dan Rather????

Ya'll gotta do better than that.

More truthful that Trump, but, who isn't? Maybe John Gotti? 

Furious Trump trapped by hundreds of Woodward tapes

President Trump is livid at the betrayal and stunning allegations in Bob Woodward’s forthcoming "Fear," but limited in his ability to fight back because most of the interviews were caught on hundreds of hours of tape, officials tell Axios.

The big picture: The book, out Tuesday from Simon & Schuster, re-creates — verbatim — page after page of private conversations with him. The 420-page portrait is all the more damaging because many of the scenes concern foreign policy and national security — truly heavy stuff.

One reason that few passages are being disputed: Woodward based the book on hundreds of hours of tapes of his interviews with current and former West Wing aides and other top administration officials.

Nevertheless, several top officials issued denials:

White House chief of staff John Kelly: "The idea I ever called the President an idiot is not true, in fact it's exactly the opposite."

Defense Secretary James Mattis: "The contemptuous words about the President attributed to me in Woodward's book were never uttered by me or in my presence."

https://www.axios.com/bob-woodward-fear-book-excerpts-donald-trump-9f7fa27f-7c8b-4f28-bcc1-99fcb22be315.html

• Like (+1) 1

Oh look, yet another example of the President lying about things he's said when there is tape of him saying it.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mentally-retarded-sessions-1106074

Yes, clearly the Pulitzer prize winning journalist who had one of the biggest scoops in the last 100 years of American politics is the one making things up.

3 hours ago, westside said:

I wish there was a way to find out who's paying these trolls to post crap.

Please. Alright people, let's investigate "This week in Astroturfing fantasies"

What was last week, crisis actors hired for another mass shooting?

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yes, clearly the Pulitzer prize winning journalist who had one of the biggest scoops in the last 100 years of American politics is the one making things up.

Yes, clearly two respected generals with decades of service of the highest caliber are not to be trusted when the words of a partisan are printed (without sources). 

You're a never ending series of poorly thought out positions, WWiP. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes, clearly two respected generals with decades of service of the highest caliber are not to be trusted when the words of a partisan are printed (without sources). 

You're a never ending series of poorly thought out positions, WWiP. :lol: 

Dude, I'm not the QAnon fanboy here. It would appear Irony has no bounds ?

My question is this: who am I more likely to believe? The well respected journalist who has hundreds of hours of taped conversations to use as transcripts, or former generals/politician aides who have their jobs at stake if they don't form some kind of denial? Especially when the political aides have seen ample evidence of their employer's base simply ignoring facts about things caught on tape.

Simply put, if it is really wrong, have them put their money where their mouth is: sue for libel. I highly doubt they will.

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh look, yet another example of the President lying about things he's said when there is tape of him saying it.

Okay, so now the new outrage is Trump lying about someone taping him again?

Help me out here. Where does this outrage fit with the Russia collusion outrage? Or is that not an outrage anymore?

Where does it fit with Stormy Daniels outrage? Or the Omarosa outrage? Or the draft dodger outrage? Or the LeBron outrage? Or the Kanye outrage?

Can't you nuts just pick an outrage already?  You're like a bunch of squirrels, for crying out loud.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, I'm not the QAnon fanboy here. It would appear Irony has no bounds 

Yes. That's all I've brought to this board over the past two + years. Like I said, you're a never ending loop of poorly thought out positions. 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

My question is this: who am I more likely to believe?

You're a self described partisan. You've admitted that. So you'll believe whichever story runs closest to your political leanings. That's not being intellectually honest, that's falling for confirmation bias. And you do it over, and over, and over again. I don't think you're stupid, I just think you're sorely lacking in honest perspective. 

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The well respected journalist who has hundreds of hours of taped conversations to use as transcripts, or former generals/politician aides who have their jobs at stake if they don't form some kind of denial?

You just proved my point above. Most people would trust the words of generals who have spent their careers not being partisan warriors, unlike Woodward who's a proud partisan with a byline. You are choosing to believe the story that best conforms to your preformed conclusions. You don't like Trump. That's fine, and your right. But let's not act as if you've ever demonstrated a lick of objectivity on any subject down here in the past two years... 

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Especially when the political aides have seen ample evidence of their employer's base simply ignoring facts about things caught on tape.

Tapes that no one has heard, have not been released, and may or may not even exist. 

Again, your desire to WANT the story to be true is showing through. You're driven by emotion, not reason or logic on this subject because you KNOW Trump is evil. 

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Simply put, if it is really wrong, have them put their money where their mouth is: sue for libel. I highly doubt they will.

Libel laws are different for politicians and political appointees. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/why-trump-won-t-sue-stop-wolff-bannon-or-tell-n834961

So you're now stating the only evidence that the book is wrong you'll accept is something that is beyond the realm of legal reality. Again, that's not objective. That's just silly.