Heart Age Test

ALF

3 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

120? That can't be right

Bogus... The test's BMI should use the large frame numbers!!!

Just took mine.  I scored 54 for a 50 year old.  Probably doesn't help that I have been on BP meds for 30 years, but all numbers, cholesterol, weight have been corrected... Yet, still tells me my BMI is too high for 205 (93kg)!  I'd look like I am from Auschwitz if I got under 190!  Rheumatoid arthritis (JRA as youth) doesn't help either... If I cheat on that, it brings my heart age to 50 without the RA.  But, I have to get to 190, which is starving myself for a big frame!!!

...Bummer, and I still lost a 100 pounds! (well 80ish now that I gained a little back).

BUT for You Levi: 

Give up the steak breakfasts, booze, smoking, the clubbing, loose women and maybe your almost 30 year old body will feel @ least 60 again! 

Oh... If You still get a 120 year old heart, check Your metric to imperial conversions... You can mix up, I use kilos for weight.

?

Now... Took test again @ 50, I scored a 48... I adjusted a few things.  Kept weight the same as I am now... I knew my cholesterol, kept that the same, same with BP too of course!

Only thing I left off was:

I eliminated the rheumatoid arthritis & the fact I am on BP meds (even know BP is perfect & meds never titrated through years). 

So I guess I gotta compensate with weight and starve myself, look rail thin to lose a few years!  Sorry, I will stay @ 50-54!

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BUT for You Levi: 

Give up the steak breakfasts, booze, smoking, the clubbing, loose women and maybe your almost 30 year old body will feel @ least 60 again! 

Don't tell me what to do

Cutting out fast food and soda in the past year has really helped.   And cutting any booze during the week helps too, i got addicted to these stupid seltzer waters back in January, i'll drink 2-3 a night, but there literally have nothing to them, no carbs, no sugar, no nothing, the flavor is more like someone whispering the flavor in your ear while you drink it than actual taste.  But once you get on them you just keep going.   

Truthfully I don't miss soda all that much.   I'll have a Rum N Coke on occasion but other than that I don't crave them at all.   Ice cream on the other hand is killing me, i want ice cream every night.   

61??  I'm 57 and my systolic is 103 and my cholesterol is perfect. 

Ok took it again and it said 55.  The only thing I changed was the question about a close relative having heart disease.  I changed it to no.  My dad had quadruple bypass when he was 71.  He turns 90 in November and is doing great.  There are so many more things involved such as exercise.  I work out 4-5 times a week.  How much stress do you have in your life (I have a little but don't we all).  Do you drink?  I don't.  So silly test.

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

61??  I'm 57 and my systolic is 103 and my cholesterol is perfect. 

Ok took it again and it said 55.  The only thing I changed was the question about a close relative having heart disease.  I changed it to no.  My dad had quadruple bypass when he was 71.  He turns 90 in November and is doing great.  There are so many more things involved such as exercise.  I work out 4-5 times a week.  How much stress do you have in your life (I have a little but don't we all).  Do you drink?  I don't.  So silly test.

I plugged in my old huge weight @ 300 (136kg) and basically same #s... Old cholesterol #s... Which were high, but not crazy... I cranked a 60 year old heart in my 50 year old body.

And no real stress for me. I am a gatekeeper, I can swing them till I am 100 just as long as they don't put me on the farm.  Stress-wise,  I just gotta marry off the daughter... To a rich banker.?

I think test is way too heavy on BMI.  I lose 15 pounds and I am two years less heart age-wise than my actual age.  Weight negates other things I have. YET, I would be skinny as !@#$, probably a 31" waist, look malnourished... Basically a marathon runner from Kenya without the tan.

Now... A bigger frame/build could mean harder on the old pumper too.

Kinda silly.  Your heart is as old as you.  Just because it works hard, isn't always bad.  As long as you're in ballpark 10 years we either way... I see no worry.

Now... Levi... You need to worry.  Service life is only 100 and you're stepped out of the warranty!  Brakes, rotors, tires & wearable parts not covered! You gotta:

"He's got this dream about buying some land
He's gonna give up the booze and the one-night stands
And then he'll settle down
In some quiet little town
And forget about everything"

That should help the old ticker!

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Cutting out fast food and soda in the past year has really helped.   And cutting any booze during the week helps too, i got addicted to these stupid seltzer waters back in January, i'll drink 2-3 a night, but there literally have nothing to them, no carbs, no sugar, no nothing, the flavor is more like someone whispering the flavor in your ear while you drink it than actual taste.  But once you get on them you just keep going.   

Soda Stream was great for that.  But not with their awful soda mixes - a splash of lime juice, a splash of lemon drop martini mixer, and you've got a good, inexpensive flavored seltzer.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Soda Stream was great for that.  But not with their awful soda mixes - a splash of lime juice, a splash of lemon drop martini mixer, and you've got a good, inexpensive flavored seltzer.   

You're heartless, why do you care? Aren't you the one remodeling his super-evil villain lair while working on inventing a kinder, softer more gentle machine gun handle.  You know, to eliminate that nasty rash.

??

54 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Never take medical or dental advice from anyone in Canada or the EU.

Total BS.

Why?  Single payer can be great.  One of the best VA's in nation is in Buffalo... My father has been going there for 50+ years.  It kept him alive and kicking.  Sure you have to schedule, early.... At times wait.  But a little patience and planning go along way.  It's a lot better now in 2018 than it was in 1973.

It's all the attitude and attention YOU put into without dwelling on others.  It isn't a bad system.  It is not a pretty place, especially during war.  As a young child in the early 1970s He would tote Me there for all His appointments.  I spent hours upon hours there.  The images stick...

Single payer is the way to go, just privileged Americans will have none of it.  They don't have the right attitude.  They want to complain about everything.

I guess that's why a whole lot of Canadians come to border cities, such as; Buffalo, Burlington VT, Seattle, Detroit, etc.for medical & dental care?  They apparently don't think single payer is anything close to great.  Ever been to the UK?  Dental work is seriously lacking, and you can actually die while waiting for certain surgical procedures.

Most service members will tell you that they avoid the VA, if other alternates are available.  A friend of mine said, "they tried to kill me so many times/ways, when I was in, there's no way I'll give them another chance to excel, now that I'm out."  The government has been so successful with Everything else that they've gotten in to, my freedom, or as you see it "privilege," is to make my own decisions when it comes to health, and keep the government as far away as possible.

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I guess that's why a whole lot of Canadians come to border cities, such as; Buffalo, Burlington VT, Seattle, Detroit, etc.for medical & dental care?  They apparently don't think single payer is anything close to great.  Ever been to the UK?  Dental work is seriously lacking, and you can actually die while waiting for certain surgical procedures.

Most service members will tell you that they avoid the VA, if other alternates are available.  A friend of mine said, "they tried to kill me so many times/ways, when I was in, there's no way I'll give them another chance to excel, now that I'm out."  The government has been so successful with Everything else that they've gotten in to, my freedom, or as you see it "privilege," is to make my own decisions when it comes to health, and keep the government as far away as possible.

Is he alive?  Trust the process.

Then good, he's alive... Now, if you said they killed him...

He would be swimming in debt if He went private... Or kill him off.

My father would have been dead if not for VA.

They (gov't) has been very successful with the food distribution system, a "chicken in everybody's pot" the last 80 years.  Just look @ the obesity epidemic!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

He is NOT on the wall.  I also am not on the wall, but since my health issues are not service connected, I would never consider using the VA.  I believe the VA is there for all the poor kids who came back severely injured.  VA resources are limited, and should be used by people who have a real need for them.   

So I can thank the US Government for all the fat as*es?   

31 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

He is NOT on the wall.  I also am not on the wall, but since my health issues are not service connected, I would never consider using the VA.  I believe the VA is there for all the poor kids who came back severely injured.  VA resources are limited, and should be used by people who have a real need for them.   

So I can thank the US Government for all the fat as*es?   

Yep... Unintended consequences.  Want the 1930s again and pissed off people... Or do you want a lazy fatazz, do nothing addicted to TV.

Anybody who serves active military should get free healthcare for life.  No need to limit it to "the entitled" vets that think they did more for the team.  Just because some are in line of fire... Doesn't mean they are the entitled team members.