Peterman/Brees comparison?

ajmac

On 9/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Believe it or not, that honor belongs to Tyrod Taylor. Of course he only has like 1300 attempts.

Career minimum to qualify is 1500 attempts

Tyrod should be on there this year barring a big injury week one

He doesn't even qualify single season though since he hasn't thrown enough passes per game any season yet

The career list is a mishmosh of good and bad QBs though, so it's not a great metric to use

Look at this list:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career.htm

On 9/5/2018 at 2:34 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Look, Starting Nate  Peterman has far more to with other issues on the team than it does with Peterman himself. Far more than you would care to admit. This is more about the Oline, Allen’s newness to the pro-style passing game, and the simple fact that there is zero downside to starting Peterman over Allen. If Peterman kills it ( unlikely, I know..) and turns into the next Brady, McDermott doesn’t have a care in the world. Heck, he’s having a parade ! If he struggles and shows his limitations en route to a 1-5 start, you plug in Allen and no one is clamoring for more Peterman. Regardless of Allen’s ups and downs. If you start Allen out of the gate and he inevitably has a rough go of it, the whispers about Peterman begin in the media, then the fanbase, then maybe the locker room. That cannot be allowed to happen. The only logical choice is to start Nate Peterman. There is virtually no losing scenario. I’m not sure how anyone ( including Vic Carruci) can honestly be surprised by this decision. I’m actually more surprised the NYJ are starting Darnold week one than I am about NP. While I was pretty sure it would be MCarron, he actually had some trade value and it may as well be NP. They’re pretty interchangeable, really. 

I agree with the first part, starting Nate has more to do with the team wanting to take Allen slowly and not throw him in right away to start. It was always the knock on him in the draft, that he would need time before he started. No QB really wowed and ran away with the starting job in Preseason. Compared to the others, Nates stats were the best of the other 2, but they weren't stats that would blow anyone away and have anyone confident he could be a true starter in the league.

As for the rest, I dont think that was really part of the decision. I dont see Nate starting for any other reason then they never intended Allen to start right away, and AJ got hurt and couldn't show enough in the Preseason to take the job. The original plan was that they were going to grab another QB to come in and start right away with the hope that Peterman could back them up and Allen could start the season as the #3 and then work his way up. But like usual, the front office didnt want to spend the money for someone more established and went after the cheaper guy with question Mark's hoping they could outsmart everyone and have a hidden gem that could later become trade bait. Unlike the rest of the world, this front office doesnt appear to believe the online is bad at all and they arent starting Peterman as a sacrificial lamb to get slaughtered by a porous line. If they thought the line was bad they would be actively scrambling around bringing in potential replacements for a look instead of giving them all the night off during the 4th preseason game

On 9/5/2018 at 5:32 AM, folz said:

No, but he did throw 5 interceptions in a single game in the NFL (against Atlanta in 2012)

He also has two games with 4 interceptions and 15 games with 3 interceptions.

Now of course that is over 16 seasons, not in his first half of NFL football ever, but even the best can have a very bad day. Hell, Brady threw 4 Ints in a game

against the Bills and he's probably the QB with the best interception percentage ever. One bad day does not equate to a career. Nathan now has a chance to prove it 

was one bad day and not who he is as a QB.

(of course, I'm not saying he will ever be as good as Brees or Brady...few are or may ever be).

Those guys threw that many INTs in a full game, double the amount of time Nate did it last year. One happens to be a fluke 5rh rounder who will go down as one of the greatest ever to play the game, the other was a high draft pick expected to be a franchise QB. They also play in offences known more for attempting 40+ passes a game and not a conservative run first offence that the Bill's have been running.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:45 AM, ajmac said:

I have never heard anyone really compare these two QBs on the board here or anywhere, but you have to admit, there are some similarities in their styles of play and skill sets. I am not a Peterman fan, nor am I against him. I think he had a rough start to his career and other than that, he has looked relatively promising as a potential solid starter. 

The weakness of his arm strength, just like Drew Bree's, and lack of size (cause for concern on wear and tear) were the main knocks on both. Both great college players, except Bree's has the edge for sure there. I know this is a stretch a little here, but I am not so sure Peterman could turn out to be a solid QB in this league. 

Personally, I see the generational talent in Allen, and I want that for my guy, but what are we going to do if all of a sudden Peterman starts showing flashes and wins games?? 

Ok, now you can roast away, I brought cold beer and snacks so you don't have to be gentle! 

LMFAO

• Haha (+1) 1