Love College Ball

Buffalo Barbarian

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It's great seeing all the physicality in college football that has been legislated out of the NFL, MUCH MORE FUN to watch.

The physicality is college kids is barely a tenth of the NFL 

used to do college and pro road trips on weekends

I’d enjoy the college game and then the pros played and every NFL decent hit is destructive and sounds like a car crash if you are sitting close enough

boys on Saturday and men on  Sunday

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

The physicality is college kids is barely a tenth of the NFL 

used to do college and pro road trips on weekends

I’d enjoy the college game and then the pros played and every NFL decent hit is destructive and sounds like a car crash if you are sitting close enough

boys on Saturday and men on  Sunday

Maybe , but it looks more physical in college and therefore more fun to watch

• 11 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Maybe , but it looks more physical in college and therefore more fun to watch

you've got to be kidding.

the speed of the pros and their weight and fitness is way better than the college kids, right?  do some basic physics....

just go to a college game on a Saturday and then an NFL game on the Sunday, it's not even boys vs men

---------------------

the college game has a few better points, but it's not the play or talent

seemed the best part was the local yahoos could caterwaul and whoop it up while their team beat a totally outmatched OOC cupcake 71-0, watch Penn State massacre Idaho and these fans are acting like this is the greatest moment of their life.... :(

LLLLLoyd Carr never ran it up on the cupcakes, heck he lost (or deserved to lose 100%)  to at least half a dozen for the 12 years I went to games at AA....

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Haters gonna hate <_<

no hate, fully understood if you are a true alumnus of a school and loose your apprehensions over it

can't wait for a full slate of college games to eat up Saturday and then tape and watch the NFL Sunday games.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, row_33 said:

no hate, fully understood if you are a true alumnus of a school and loose your apprehensions over it

i didn't go to Penn St but I grew up in Pennsylvania

I guess the best way to describe to you why Penn St fans love Penn St so much and haters like you gonna hate is kinda like Tim Hortons.  For whatever reason, you people think TH is the shiznit.  South of the 49th parallel, it's just an overhyped franchise

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i didn't go to Penn St but I grew up in Pennsylvania

I guess the best way to describe to you why Penn St fans love Penn St so much and haters like you gonna hate is kinda like Tim Hortons.  For whatever reason, you people think TH is the shiznit.  South of the 49th parallel, it's just an overhyped franchise

been there twice for Michigan games, great times there, Michigan won both times during that era of dominance of PSU  :D

fantastic atmosphere,  #2 for the 12 or so stadiums that i've been to for NCAA games!!!  The Columbus Zoo still is #1 for me...

for another visit a sudden snowfall hit before any decent shoveling work could begin, i was up for finding it quite enjoyable.

i have never liked PSU's mystique or game plan since the early 70s... never really cheered for UM despite over 100 games attended... my father became a major Woverines fan through the games (every Christmas gift is easy for him...)

i didn't pile on any dislike for the very unfortunate circumstances that fell at Happy Valley, and bro hugs with road fans at AA for the next visit was a great memory

still hope they lose every close game  :D

----------------------------------------------

sad load of games this weekend, top teams are not playing each other, can't blame them but stilllllllllll.........

UCLA/Cincy tonight, Ducks/War Eagle on ABC prime Saturday and your tastes will vary for other games watched.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will still watch aggregate 4 or so games this weekend, but on-call for billable hours at the office.

Edited by row_33

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.