[Vague Title] Richie, Richie, Richie SMH

Watkins90

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Lol

Just no need to be jerky to someone. 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, the only one who might have been "cast off" was Glenn.  Wood had to retire and Ritchie demanded to be released.

I agree to a extent. I think Richie was jerked around by them, and is arguably considered a cast off.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he's not wrong (except that Wood had to retire)

The line must be addressed next year.

Wood had to retire, Dion is a good replacement for Cordy( who already got hurt and allowed us to get the QB we wanted) and Richie retired, unreturned, got involuntarily committed to a mental institution and then arrested at a funeral parlor.  I’m not sure what the bills could have done differently that would have been better. 

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Wood had to retire, Dion is a good replacement for Cordy( who already got hurt and allowed us to get the QB we wanted) and Richie retired, unreturned, got involuntarily committed to a mental institution and then arrested at a funeral parlor.  I’m not sure what the bills could have done differently that would have been better. 

I member these guys when we traded Peters... How'd that work out? The OL has not been right since.

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Get Ritchie help instead of kicking him to the curb.

Also the offense should have been addressed this year, not the defense. Everyone but Dawkins needs to be replaced, along with better WRs and TEs.

Allen should have been surrounded by talent and then go after defense this upcoming draft , which is LOADED with talent.

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe, but to his credit KB played through injury and may have been productive if Tyrod looked his way every so often. Plus he appears healthy this season and ready to play. As far as Murphy goes, I didn’t like the signing either but if he shows up for the opener with a pair of sacks and plays well I’ll be happy to eat crow. 

My post wasn't about whether the players themselves are good or bad on the field, but rather the claims of some posters that the reason the Bills traded Watson and Glenn was primarily because they had injuries and intimating that McDermott and Beane didn't want players on the team that may have had injuries that took significant time to heal or were possibly chronic conditions.  Obviously, from their actions, that's simply untrue. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Get Ritchie help instead of kicking him to the curb.

Also the offense should have been addressed this year, not the defense. Everyone but Dawkins needs to be replaced, along with better WRs and TEs.

Allen should have been surrounded by talent and then go after defense this upcoming draft , which is LOADED with talent.

He left, not kicked to the curb. Which Olinemen did you want us to sign?

10 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

He left, not kicked to the curb. Which Olinemen did you want us to sign?

Obviously, but if my all pro suddenly retires I'm going to see what is going on and on his situation get him help. He also expressed interest in coming back but the Bills made it clear he was out.

I would not have traded up for Edmunds, even though I think he could be great. I would have drafted G Will Hernandez and C Scott Quessenberry.

Would have signed G Justin Pugh and RT Chris Hubbard.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Obviously, but if my all pro suddenly retires I'm going to see what is going on and on his situation get him help. He also expressed interest in coming back but the Bills made it clear he was out.

I would not have traded up for Edmunds, even though I think he could be great. I would have drafted G Will Hernandez and C Scott Quessenberry.

Would have signed G Justin Pugh and RT Chris Hubbard.

Link?

36 minutes ago, The Red King said:

By 'jerked around', you mean 'asked him to honor a contract he recently signed'? ?

By getting rid of older players continually asking him to take less, despite record setting, probowl quality play. It was stupid of the Bills to do. That said, there really is no such thing as company loyalty these days. 

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

By getting rid of older players continually asking him to take less, despite record setting, probowl quality play. It was stupid of the Bills to do. That said, there really is no such thing as company loyalty these days. 

He didn't have to sign.  If he didn't, I'd likely actually support him.  But he signed...on...the...line.  Then retired for 'health reasons', recieved some kind of miraculous cure so he could unretire and...well, you know the entire sideshow he ran.  That's all on Richie.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

He didn't have to sign.  If he didn't, I'd likely actually support him.  But he signed...on...the...line.  Then retired for 'health reasons', recieved some kind of miraculous cure so he could unretire and...well, you know the entire sideshow he ran.  That's all on Richie.

I agree... The guy is a bit of a nutcase, but he was our nutcase.

I still think that if he lined up Sunday for us it'd be an instant upgrade, for the Bills and Richie. Perhaps too much stuff happened for Don Quixote to beat this windmill, but I stand by the instant upgrade assertion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

So...Ritchie retired for "health reasons", then un-retired and asked for a release, which the Bills gave him...and now the juicebag actually has the gall to claim it was the Bills that kicked him to the curb?  What a tool. ?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/04/10/richie-incognito-retiring-buffalo-bills-health/502650002/

Liver disease can cause mental instability. 

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

That line might hold water if the Bills hadn't traded for a WR with chronically bad knees and signed a FA DE who has barely practiced all TC and preseason because of a groin injury.

I'm also mad that the GM can't predict groin injuries. I mean, every other GM knows when groin injuries will happen and know to not bring those players in. When will ours learn the mystical arts?