[Vague Title] Richie, Richie, Richie SMH

Watkins90

35 minutes ago, The Red King said:

He won't come back for the contract he agreed to, and no way Beane offers him additional money after his offseason freakshow.

The Bills don't want him back.  But if they offered him even vet minimum, he'd jump at it because no one else is going to sign him anymore.

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Whatever you say, doctor!!!

I really hope he comes back and the Bills acknowledge their mistake. The later is the problem, as the hubris of McBeane will probably not fail.

I don't need to be a doctor I'm not diagnosing him. But if I see some dude crapping in his hand and writing on the walls I'm going to think something is wrong with him and not put him in a violent situation.

Edited by Warcodered

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Whatever you say, doctor!!!

I really hope he comes back and the Bills acknowledge their mistake. The later is the problem, as the hubris of McBeane will probably not fail.

...which would require Richie to admit his.  The guy who retired for 'medical reasons', who was then miraculously cured of those medical issues in a way that was never once explained or addressed.  The guy who then requested a release from the team that he had just signed a binding contract with, then once that team actually granted that release, turned around and mocked that team for letting him go (which, as already noted, was at his request).  I...don't think he's gonna apologize anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...which would require Richie to admit his.  The guy who retired for 'medical reasons', who was then miraculously cured of those medical issues in a way that was never once explained or addressed.  The guy who then requested a release from the team that he had just signed a binding contract with, then once that team actually granted that release, turned around and mocked that team for letting him go (which, as already noted, was at his request).  I...don't think he's gonna apologize anytime soon.

You're right... I think Richie even saying something is his way of admitting a mistake. Not that it is a good way, just that it is his. 

Just now, Doc said:

No, he's not admitting he made a mistake.

I don't think either side will. But, I'm not stupid. If he is looking, he still cares. And, the whole thing was hugely important to him, as a human, not as what the toads here make him out to be.

Edited by Paulus

21 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I don't think either side will. But, I'm not stupid. If he is looking, he still cares. And, the whole thing was hugely important to him, as a human, not as what the toads here make him out to be.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

They Bills gave how much to clown boy Coleman and they stiffed Richie for a few bucks? Stupid. Should have paid the man.

The Bills approached him about a pay cut and he accepted.  Had he said "no" they might still have kept him.  Instead he played games and got himself released (and no one knows what went on behind the scenes).  Then he went crazy and killed his chances of ever playing in the NFL again.  You need to accept the consequences of your own behavior.

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

"Because he doesn't agree with me, he is stupid..."

-ex

um what? This isnt about agreement, its about being factually incorrect.... So am I wrong here that Eric Wood and Ritchie retired? His post was agreeing with Ritchie that we "tossed away 3 linemen who combined for x5 probowls." Not much you can do when one suddenly retires after renegotiation are finalized, and another finds out he must retire due to life threatening injury... How could anyone possibly say that is "throwing away linemen."

He has a point about Glenn. I think I would've held onto him and moved him back inside. He played guard for Georgia. Although he did get hurt again so I guess it probably wouldn't have worked out in the end.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

He has a point about Glenn. I think I would've held onto him and moved him back inside. He played guard for Georgia. Although he did get hurt again so I guess it probably wouldn't have worked out in the end.

Glenn is the only one he has somewhat of a point on, but Glenn appears to be damaged goods and he helped the Bills move up to get their potential franchise QB.  And Dawkins will replace him.  The other 2...we shall see.

Richie's just happy the Bills are suffering without them in a "Hah, I showed them!" way.  What he doesn't realize, clearly, is how his own actions, including this latest tweet, are why he's currently unemployed.  It's clear now he sees himself as a complete victim, mistreated and thrown away.  It's equally clear that he sees absolutely nothing wrong with this little sideshow he ran this offseason, and that is why nobody else will touch him.  Not even something small like "Okay, yeah, maybe I went a bit far when I...".  Nada.  His actions have been, in his mind, completely justifiable.

Saddest part is, he still has backers.  And had he simply not signed the extension, would likely have had a large number more.  I had no issue with the Bills offering the extension.  At the same time, I would have supported Richie if he had noped out, and refused to sign.  Once he accepted the Bills' terms then began the circus he played ringmaster for...no...sorry...can't support that.  Neither can Beane, even if he wanted to.  Nobody is crazy enough to reward antics of that caliber.

I miss Richie.  We could have really used him.  This while sideshow of his hurt the team.  But I can certain understand the Bills and every other team out there backing away slowly (so as not to have a barbell thrown at them) and heading for the door quietly.  Richie did this to himself.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Richie's just happy the Bills are suffering without them in a "Hah, I showed them!" way.  What he doesn't realize, clearly, is how his own actions, including this latest tweet, are why he's currently unemployed.  It's clear now he sees himself as a complete victim, mistreated and thrown away.  It's equally clear that he sees absolutely nothing wrong with this little sideshow he ran this offseason, and that is why nobody else will touch him.  Not even something small like "Okay, yeah, maybe I went a bit far when I...".  Nada.  His actions have been, in his mind, completely justifiable.

Saddest part is, he still has backers.  And had he simply not signed the extension, would likely have had a large number more.  I had no issue with the Bills offering the extension.  At the same time, I would have supported Richie if he had noped out, and refused to sign.  Once he accepted the Bills' terms then began the circus he played ringmaster for...no...sorry...can't support that.  Neither can Beane, even if he wanted to.  Nobody is crazy enough to reward antics of that caliber.

I miss Richie.  We could have really used him.  This while sideshow of his hurt the team.  But I can certain understand the Bills and every other team out there backing away slowly (so as not to have a barbell thrown at them) and heading for the door quietly.  Richie did this to himself.

Remains to be seen.  He's got it far worse.

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Come on bro. 

We got rid of only one player, Cordy, and replaced him with close to equal talent.

Woods life was at risk and regardless of what sort of revisionist history Nutjob Bonkerson is peddling, he walked away from this team before they had no choice (thankfully) but to release him.

49 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

um what? This isnt about agreement, its about being factually incorrect.... So am I wrong here that Eric Wood and Ritchie retired? His post was agreeing with Ritchie that we "tossed away 3 linemen who combined for x5 probowls." Not much you can do when one suddenly retires after renegotiation are finalized, and another finds out he must retire due to life threatening injury... How could anyone possibly say that is "throwing away linemen."

Could have said that instead of throwing a jerky comment about being stupid. 

Outside off that, is it possible to consider Eric Wood, Richie, Glenn left because of the culture. That they were just a part of the long list of cast-offs. Perhaps that is what Richie is alluding to. That this regime doesn't value the OL positions.

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Outside off that, is it possible to consider Eric Wood, Richie, Glenn left because of the culture. That they were just a part of the long list of cast-offs. Perhaps that is what Richie is alluding to. That this regime doesn't value the OL positions.

Lol

7 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Again, the only one who might have been "cast off" was Glenn.  Wood had to retire and Ritchie demanded to be released.