Guide to Buffalo and Bills Games for Visitors

plenzmd1

So, I have been thinking of doing this for a while now. Thought it might be nice if we can pin a thread with a document that gives some nice high-level information on places to stay/ eat/see/do for the folks that come to TBD and ask the "first time to a game." questions. I have put my ideas/ experiences when it comes to hotels and things to do and incorporated the awesome doc @Rubes put together a couple years ago for the Classic Food Tour of WNY. 

I am no genius on google docs and only lightly edited/formatted this doc. Someone better at that than me help appreciated!

I  will post a link that everyone can edit/add/clean up/post maps etc ( have no clue how Rubes did that) . For instance, I have always tailgated either in ECC or Hammers as that side of the stadium is easiest for me to get to...so would love input on tailgate places on 20A and California etc.

Let me see if this works..and if this is worthless..let me know that as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit?usp=sharing

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, I have been thinking of doing this for a while now. Thought it might be nice if we can pin a thread with a document that gives some nice high-level information on places to stay/ eat/see/do for the folks that come to TBD and ask the "first time to a game." questions. I have put my ideas/ experiences when it comes to hotels and things to do and incorporated the awesome doc @Rubes put together a couple years ago for the Classic Food Tour of WNY. 

I am no genius on google docs and only lightly edited/formatted this doc. Someone better at that than me help appreciated!

I  will post a link that everyone can edit/add/clean up/post maps etc ( have no clue how Rubes did that) . For instance, I have always tailgated either in ECC or Hammers as that side of the stadium is easiest for me to get to...so would love input on tailgate places on 20A and California etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit?usp=sharing

Really nice job! I park on 20a directly across from the main lot (Bills side)  essentially lined up on the 50 yard line. Their is 4-5 private lots that connect and all are pretty decent. Each one is 20 bucks to park. Plenty of room for cornhole, tossing the ball, bonfires etc...If you are looking for complete chaos this isnt for you but if a nice happy medium is what suits ya then check em out.  I have always had a good time there with plenty of good people as well. Another added bonus if you are sitting on the Bills side it is easy to get to your seats as you are lined up on the 50 when crossing 20a into the main lot. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

Nice job.  City of Buffalo's website could use it.  

I live out of town but visit often enough to test your comments.  I will addnsomenthings, if i can. 

I'm a life-time Scwabl's fan.  Is there still feedback about the owners comments.  I thought he apologized, a lot.  And he was really unhappy.  It was a stupid accident and he was out of business for close ton a year.   Sandwiches are still great. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Bills game info what is YouHammers Lot? Should be Hammers Lot. No address on link 4170 Abbott Road Orchard Park Ny14127. Disagree on tight comment. Never heard a complaint on damaged car doors. The problem is every year people are bring more stuff. Everything except the kitchen sink. Also this year I did a major improvement on part of the lot.  Removed topsoil, installed road fabric and covered fabric with crushed concrete and sand binder. I will never be confused with the Mud Lot. The lots on 20a are ok when the ground is hard but when the rain comes...

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Bills game info what is YouHammers Lot? Should be Hammers Lot. No address on link 4170 Abbott Road Orchard Park Ny14127. Disagree on tight comment. Never heard a complaint on damaged car doors. The problem is every year people are bring more stuff. Everything except the kitchen sink. Also this year I did a major improvement on part of the lot.  Removed topsoil, installed road fabric and covered fabric with crushed concrete and sand binder. I will never be confused with the Mud Lot. The lots on 20a are ok when the ground is hard but when the rain comes...

I will amend to read the above with address..only thing I meant with the tight comment was  if you go to Hammers and expect to play a game touch or have your young kids run around play tag, lacrosse etc, it's tight. Prolly not the best lot for that

Like I said I have never parked over there on 20A..have zero experience

45 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will amend to read the above with address..only thing I meant with the tight comment was  if you go to Hammers and expect to play a game touch or have your young kids run around play tag, lacrosse etc, it's tight. Prolly not the best lot for that

Like I said I have never parked over there on 20A..have zero experience

Hey, Doc -

I just added some text to your memo.  It works great.   The Hammer should go into it and make some revisions, if he wants.  By the way, I understood what you wrote about "tight."   But he's right about the mud lot - it's amazing when it's wet.  But there's plenty of other parking on 20A that hold up better in the rain.  

• Like (+1) 1