Peterman pros and cons...

ChicagoRic

30 minutes ago, cd1 said:

HOPEFULLY - Our NEW OC will game plan to avoid THOSE THROWS.

DUH - Peterman was a ROOKIE and Tyrod was in his 6th year in NFL - could THAT be the reason????

How many points will we need? - THAT is the big question.

How well will our defense perform this year? Will they be able to keep the scores low enough that, even if our offense struggles, we will have a slight chance to stay in the game.

If our defense sucks - when do we start talking about the 2019 draft?

No the reason was because tyrod was better. Plain and simple. And still will be this year in my opinion 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Yeah,they used the same rationalization  about TB....he went in the 6th!

Statistically speaking, TB was an outlier, an anomaly. Saying "This 6th round draft pick could become a superstar because Brady did it" is the equivalent of saying "This lottery ticket might get me the Mega Millions Jackpot because it happened to some other guy." Sure, it could be the winner, but don't quit your job on the incredibly slim chance that it might.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Peterman is all pros and no cons. He gives Allen at least a few games to develop NFL game speed, he might turn out to be good, or at worst he tanks and we get a high pick next year which we turn into a blue chip pass rusher. There is no downside.

Do you consider unwatchable, pick-filled offensive football a downside?  Asking for a friend...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Statistically speaking, TB was an outlier, an anomaly. Saying "This 6th round draft pick could become a superstar because Brady did it" is the equivalent of saying "This lottery ticket might get me the Mega Millions Jackpot because it happened to some other guy." Sure, it could be the winner, but don't quit your job on the incredibly slim chance that it might.

Oh,I agreed with you,I just find it perplexing when people throw out absolutes when handicapping the human spirit! 

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Do you consider unwatchable, pick-filled offensive football a downside?  Asking for a friend...

Not this year. I have no expectations. Part of me just wants to get a top 3 pick so we can get an elite pass rusher on the team. Of course every Sunday that eternal optimism will make me sure that we are going to win, but right now thinking logically our record is meaningless. If Peterman craps the bed we get to watch Josh Allen develop for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

He acknowledges wide receivers and he is decisive.

I don't anticipate yelling, "throw the !@#$ing ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 20 times/game anymore, like I have the past three years.

Nope you'll be yelling just take the sack instead of hopelessly heaving a ball off his back foot when the line gets pushed into his face.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Peterman is all pros and no cons. He gives Allen at least a few games to develop NFL game speed, he might turn out to be good, or at worst he tanks and we get a high pick next year which we turn into a blue chip pass rusher. There is no downside.

That's only because your expectations are so low. Losing is a downside, you're just expecting it. In my opinion, am I wrong in my assessment of your views? I don't see how there is no downside. 

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If he had Fitzy's arm, which is weak, he could be Fitz. But it's weaker than Fitz. That's his problem. Fitz could wind up and get it there sometimes. Nate unfortunately can't. 

It sucks because if he did have slightly better arm strength he could be pretty good. 

Peterman's velocity ranking at the combine was 49. DeShaun Watson's was 45. 

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

He's kinda like Fitz, let's see if he can recognize his limitations unlike Fitz. 

Valid. I'd say he should just avoid out patterns to the right. 

38 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's only because your expectations are so low. Losing is a downside, you're just expecting it. In my opinion, am I wrong in my assessment of your views? I don't see how there is no downside. 

Pretty much. I expect to lose if Josh Allen is in there too. We don't have the talent to win consistently yet. One thing we still desperately need is an elite pass rusher. It's hard to find them outside the top 5 of the draft. So if we're really bad this year that's not a downside. Like any young team at the beginning of a rebuild i just want to see our franchise players develop over the course of the season. I won't be rooting against the Bills or anything but my expectations couldn't be much lower.

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Decicive on throwing bad throws. Every d coordinator is salivating at the idea. We are not only going to not block the front four. We'll won't pick up the blitzes at all. Tape is out on Peterman. 

We saw the picks and said "well it wasn't his fault". D coordinators saw the picks and said wouldn't it be hilarious if he starts next year??

Are you a Bills fan? This is a serious question, by the way. I’ve never seen a username highlight something so negative like yours.

If he's to have any kind of career in the NFL Peterman has a lot to prove and, in the circumstances, the odds are stacked against him. He's a second year player with almost no in season experience. His O line and WR group are, until proven otherwise, sub par. The jury is still out on whether his arm is adequate (at best) or something less. 

These early season games will be a daunting test not only of Peterman but of his OC. If they can extend some of what we've seen in preseason to the regular season it will be a major accomplishment. If Peterman actually consistently plays well it will be very good news for the Bills. 

Lots of people predicted he wouldn't make the 53 at the start of camp...

He seems to have improved from last year which seems a difficult concept for people here to get their heads around...

Young players can actually improve...

We do need to see him in a proper game or two though to be sure..

95% chance that he is at best a 5-6 game placeholder for JA but maybe that will be enough to cement him as a cheap backup for the last two and a half years of his rookie deal..