At the end of the day....this is our team

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Remember the season motto a few years ago 

This is our time? 

This is our team 

made me recall that 

I remember. 

This year’s motto (Two Hearts Beat As One?) doesn’t really get me going as much.

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Technically, it's the Pegula's team.

As for the roster, this is how I see a comparison to last year's team:

QB: Honestly believe Peterman or Allen are more apt to win games than Tyrod (and first-year Peterman).  Of course, the major difference is . . .

OL:  Worse than last year.  No one on the squad is as good as Incognito, Groy could be a push on Wood, all others are literally the same (and not necessarily improving).  Biggest potential disaster. 

WR:  On paper, I think this is a slight upgrade over last year. 

RB:  Slightly better than last year. Though if Shady goes down . . .

TE:  I believe they'll be better than last year overall.  More versatility.  

Depth:  Possibly a push but hard to tell. 

Coordinator:  Even on Daboll's worst day I think he's better than Rick Dennison.  Even geniuses can't make all bad players look good, but I think overall, Daboll will make a "D" offense into a "C- or C" offense, which could be "good enough" and likely better than last year. No real depth could also wipe out the season. 

DL - I'd like to say significantly better than last year but I'll simply say "improved" on paper. 

LB - Again, would like to say "improved" but I'll call this a push until Edwards gets better and Milano shows improvement. 

DB - All the same as last year, but curious if the new corners are better than Gaines and company. 

Depth: Slightly better but likely a push until proven otherwise. 

Coordinator: Same. Curious to see if a true game plan will restore confidence that getting kicked around in preseason meant nothing.  

Much tougher schedule, growing pains at QB, potential OL implosion so I'll go with 6-10.  Bad start and gets better as season goes on. 

Agreed Max. Other than O-Line, which is really a major question mark, this team is better.

57 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Yeah I heard worse crap last summer.  I mean seriously, they were supposed to be so bad they were tanking .Perhaps these guys are better than you think?  I know that’s not how it’s done here but still 

these were my thoughts before the Bengals game … that O-line tho … see my avatar

Dead cap space is horrendous but mostly on the past regime. Hopefully it quickly corrects itself by the next year or 2020

Difference between 10-6 and 5-11 is a few plays, injuries, etc.

So both are within the realm of very probable. Sobering fact: only 4 teams out of 12 repeated making the playoffs last year...

That's also why Allen pumped us as he brings HOPE. A good QB makes everyone Billeive and play better. But let's not burn the young guy for a 17 years of drought that hapened before him even if he wears #17

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When I comb through the transactions and our team has taken shape I feel that

- There simply was not the move that was going to make our team significantly better.....even after final cuts I am not seeing "that guy" that is going to come in and change whatever our win total is going to be this year. 

- I think that our coaching is so good that it got every last bit of mayo out of the jar last year.   I expect the same thing to happen this year.

- This year was all about getting the qb of the future.....biting the bullet on the huge dead cap....and looking towards next year with what is it....NINE picks and possibly around 100 million in cap space.....

- but what if....just WHAT if.....this team finds a way to be competative?  Now the team looks to be in GREAT shape heading into the following season with a strong draft under their belt, another set of 9 picks, and a lot of cap space.

I won't even say the coaching was very good last year...The #s don't lie.  We were one of the worsts team statistically on defense and a middle of the run team with the worst passing on offense.  However, what the Coaching gave the team was the ability to make key plays when the game was on the line.  This allowed us to win games even when we were statistically not in it.

The draft is a crapshoot. We won't know about the success or failure of the draft until 2-3 seasons later. 

Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I won't even say the coaching was very good last year...The #s don't lie.  We were one of the worsts team statistically on defense and a middle of the run team with the worst passing on offense.  However, what the Coaching gave the team was the ability to make key plays when the game was on the line.  This allowed us to win games even when we were statistically not in it.

The draft is a crapshoot. We won't know about the success or failure of the draft until 2-3 seasons later. 

Go Bills!

That is kinda the point....the coaching got us wins in games that we very well could have lost....we were in the middle of a rebiuld while doing it......and now we are in year 2.

Its gonna be interesting to see how this season plays out