Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

Just a note...don't blame Peterman, Beane or McDermott or Terry or Kim, blame me if the year turns out to be a downer...I just signed up for the "Pay as We Play" Playoff Plan for season ticket holders.   This is sure to jinx us....

10 minutes ago, hemma said:

Some people seem to be feeling ...
yellow beak emoticon smiley

Looks like time for....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Desitin-Rapid-Relief-Zinc-Oxide-Diaper-Rash-Cream-4-8-oz/24909985?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=2058&adid=22222222227017604624&wl0=&wl1=s&wl2=c&wl3=40340845472&wl4=pla-78298818392&wl5=9009718&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=24909985&wl13=2058&veh=sem

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What I would like to see are some pump fakes on out routes. Make some defenders go for the out, and hopefully that will open up a curl or dig route on the other side. 

I agree. DBs are gonna try to jump those so why not pump and go? I guess the question is can Nate hit the go?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can the Nate detractors PLEASE lay off Nate for a week.  

Give the kid a chance at redemption.  

If it goes bad you will have every opportunity to trash him. 

Hes the starter and we should support this decision!!

I am all for Peterman looking good. I support him and coaches decision. I don’t agree with it but I also am no where near as close to the situation as the coaches are. Let’s see what happens. The message to the team is, Peterman gives us the best chance to win now we think. Pretty smart and gives more options to the coaches for a later entrance for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Dontcha think the coaching staff has this awareness and will work with the players to improve that?  Anyone want to wager that there will be some out-and-ups in the game plan? 

That out route is a staple of any offense.  It's a basic throw.  At some point he will have to throw it; and often times it doesn't look good.

Starting Nathan Peterman not a surprise, despite '17 disaster

The Buffalo Bills' decision to start Nathan Peterman in their regular-season opener Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens will be mocked by some, much like Bills coach Sean McDermott was jeered for his call to start Peterman in a disastrous 54-24 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers last season.

At first glance to those who only know Peterman for his five-interception starting debut last November, the move looks odd.

The Bills are starting Nathan Peterman? Really?

Really. To anyone who has watched the entire Bills preseason and followed training camp closely, it should not come as much of a surprise.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am all for Peterman looking good. I support him and coaches decision. I don’t agree with it but I also am no where near as close to the situation as the coaches are. Let’s see what happens. The message to the team is, Peterman gives us the best chance to win now we think. Pretty smart and gives more options to the coaches for a later entrance for Allen. 

Unfortunately, this is all about lowering fan expectations. Its not about what is best for winning games or developing Allen.  If you are start Peterman and go 0-4, then fans stay interested when you bring in Allen. If you start Allen and go 0-4, then fans lose interest.  The second scenario much better for developing Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Good interview by Josh. 

I like that you could see/tell that he was disappointed not to be starting, too. 

I think this kid looks to have the right personality and mindset to make it as an NFL starter. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

he should be the Bills starter now. 

No worries. He knows his time is coming. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Think he heard all the people calling him baby faced. It would explain that chinstrap he's got going now.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Josh is cool with the decision. He's not looking to beat anyone out.

I doubt that's really true, Allen's a smart kid he knows what he's supposed to say but he definitely wanted to win that job.

He's been the same way throughout the draft process and preseason he knows what he's supposed to say.

Edited by Warcodered

16 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Real question.  Is Peterman the worst starting QB in the NFL.  If not, who is worse? 

We dont know. He hasnt started yet. I give him a mulligan for the Bolts game and the snow game you cannot get anything from as far as evaluation because of the elements.

I'm admittedly skeptical at best about Josh Allen. There are just so many damn red flags. The second preseason game provided a glimmer of hope, but I've reverted back to extremely skeptical.

I've been a Bills fan for too long to have blind faith, so I actually admire the faithful. Life is better, if not realistic, for those with optimism. Just curious if anyone is losing a little bit of that faith with Allen. We can talk all we want about the offensive line, but the guy was beaten out by a 5th round pick with one more year of experience.

Edited by LSHMEAB

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No worries. He knows his time is coming. 

Yes, true. 

At the same time, it is good for many reasons he is not starting this week,  one of which is it has now  been reinforced that you have to earn EVERYTHING in this league. Alot of high draft picks have a strong sense of entitlement (not Josh IMHO). See Corey Coleman.

Because of his terrific work ethic, attitude and intelligence this will turn out awesome for him, he will be much better for it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

How about we just watch the games and try to enjoy ourselves. Let the rest work itself out. 

Its entertainment, it’s supposed to be fun. When did people stop having fun and start stressing and overthinking it? It’s exhausting. 

You're free to try.... I'm just not optimistic...5 wins max...

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland