Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

Most of you are missing  the reason for success for Peterman going forward. It is Dabolls  system.  Quick hitters , little time between plays, and off balance play calling . Think of New England offense . The ball will be out before the rush gets there .. It is not Peterman alone and the line only has to block  for about 2 and 1/2  seconds. Go Bills and to hell with all of the nay sayers.I

• Like (+1) 2

for the 1st half at least..... 

You can't learn from the bench

You can actually - up to a point.  And you can learn on the practice field and in the QB room.

Josh needs some of that.  He's especially got to improve his pre-snap reads.  That requires more time studying film.  

Gets the ball out quickly better than Tyrod too.  Just not always to the right team. 

...and maybe even eclipse the 70 yard mark for game totals......would be a substantial milestone versus yesteryear.........why I read the WR's are free to roam in that uncharted territory known as DOWNFIELD (the "NO TREPASSING" sign has been removed) and may even be ACTIVE on a Sunday......stay tuned.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I mean, I'm glad he's getting a second chance, as he's worked hard and played well...but let's be honest:

Unless he's the 2nd coming of Tom Brady, his fate is to be Tom Savage. 

That is the other huge downside. I am not going to predict it will happen because I want the Bills to win so much. But it's possible that Nate will get killed because of his arm and not being able to handle the rush. And have to be benched again very early. Then McD will have to apologize to the team again like he did last year. I don't think it's likely but it's surely a distinct possibility. 

Guys... seriously...?

This just feels obvious.

It's always been Allen.

It's why I've been calling it since OTAs.

Crucify me if I'm wrong. I'm not like some on this board who just run away when they're wrong.

But Allen starting has been pretty close to inevitable since we traded up to get him and didn't try to get a proven, viable alternative in front of him.

tenor.gif?itemid=9577819

Really? You think Allen is going to start? No way. That’s surprising! ?

We all know Allen is going to start at some point. It’s just a matter of when that point is. It may not be opening day despite what you believe.

And it wasn't.

And I genuinely hope Peterman is the next Tom Brady rather than the terrible starting QB I think he is.

After that 3rd preseason game I said I wanted Peterman rather than Allen to start week 1 specifically because of how horrible our OL has looked.

My head generally likes the move, but I only feel anxiety and no excitement about it.

I’m fine with it. Let Allen continue to work on his footwork, drop speed and depth, pre snap reads and the nuances of the offense. He’s already shown an ability to learn outside of game time reps after all. Then when he gets the call to start he’s in the best position to succeed. 

I’m fine with it. Let Allen continue to work on his footwork, drop speed and depth, pre snap reads and the nuances of the offense. He’s already shown an ability to learn outside of game time reps after all. Then when he gets the call to start he’s in the best position to succeed. 

How exactly is he supposed to do that when he will not be in many if any practice situations that require it? There are no game like or even scrimmage like practices during the season and the second string guys don't participate in what little they do. 

He was too awful yet the guy starting set a world record for picks in a half in one game. 

"At least he throws.... OVER THE MIDDLE"

Peterman is best throwing picks to the outside but fear not, he can throw them over the middle, too. In fact, slant patterns are where he is most inaccurate.