Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

How does he develop?  Practice.  Film study.

So he will never need game experience? First team snaps? At some point you have to hand the wheel over to him knowing he is going to bounce off a couple of curbs before he gets it right. 

Hope he doesnt get spooked like he did in that infamous chargers game!  Hope he does good but cant help but think he's just a sitting duck......if our Oline is as horrible as it appeared and continues to be than this kid wont be around to see week 3......i hope im very very wrong!

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

So he will never need game experience? First team snaps? At some point you have to hand the wheel over to him knowing he is going to bounce off a couple of curbs before he gets it right. 

What's so wrong about not rushing a kid? Being an NFL QB is not a skill people are born with. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can the Nate detractors PLEASE lay off Nate for a week.  

Give the kid a chance at redemption.  

If it goes bad you will have every opportunity to trash him. 

Hes the starter and we should support this decision!!

Don’t waste your time. I’ve been trying to say it all week. He’s a twenty something year old kid trying his best for our team, clearly wins the qb battle, and his own fanbase calls his names and bashes him. Grown adults. 

Its really gross. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

The minute he gets picked for the first time people will start clamoring for Allen

If it's a lame duck throw ... absolutely. I obviously want him to go out there and kick ass while taking names. But he should've thrown three pick 6's this preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lets him watch how a starter prepares and goes through games. 

There is value to that, no doubt, but at some point you have to take the plunge and live with the kind of mistakes rookies make, have always made and always will make. You learn best by doing, not by watching. I don't disagree with starting Nate but I think Allen needs to start sooner rather than later unless by some miracle Nate develops into a franchise guy.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can the Nate detractors PLEASE lay off Nate for a week.  

Give the kid a chance at redemption.  

If it goes bad you will have every opportunity to trash him. 

Hes the starter and we should support this decision!!

We could have named Brady starter and people would be bitchin

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

stronger arm and more velocity on the ball and better accuracy. He may surprise 

Still not enough for outside passes, but is clear he was the best choice.

(And  I'm a Peterman fan)