Buffalo Bills 2018: Meet the 53

26CornerBlitz

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

O'Leary is JAG ( just a guy) without much upside while Thomas is an improving player who's new to the position with more physical ability.  Comprende?

Comprende thanks bud!?

26 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Insert Nick O'Leary & Logan Thomas to the abbreviations, it'll make more sense that way

Now I C got it TY!?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can't believe they kept Thomas over O'Leary, guess they want potential over production.

I don’t know about Thomas but O Leary was not the best blocker. He made some big receptions and had a knack for getting open!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

Anyone surprised that Foster made the team & not Streater, Reilly or Proehl?

Proehl had no shot from the onset. Reilly got injured at a critical time with the broken rib.  Foster > Streater is a surprise with the Alabama product being so raw even with the element of speed that is so desperately needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Proehl had no shot from the onset. Reilly got injured at a critical time with the broken rib.  Foster > Streater is a surprise with the Alabama product being so raw even with the element of speed that is so desperately needed. 

Yeah i was surprised Foster beat out Streater. I know Foster has the speed but I haven't really seen much more out of him in terms of route running or good hands. Streater at least seems like a safer bet. I mean a few years ago he put up nearly 900 yards with the Raiders, but I suppose they recognize the need for a vertical threat. And who knows, maybe they feel they can coach him up a bit. He is pretty raw

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Patriots & Falcons even older than us... Tbh I wouldn't care about the age of our roster if we were built to win a title right now. But since we're still "in the process" of rebuilding/retooling our roster, you'd like to see our roster younger i'd imagine. Kind of like how the Sabres have a young core. Theyre built for the future. With the Bills you're not so sure.

But I can't be too critical given the state of this franchise these past years. Things were so bad ownership thought it was a good idea to hire the Ryan Brothers... You know its bad when you think they look good lol

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

what production?

He looked better than Thomas

2 hours ago, Bring it said:

I don’t know about Thomas but O Leary was not the best blocker. He made some big receptions and had a knack for getting open!

Thomas was a worse blocker

41 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Replacing those 22 receptions is going to be tough...

how many did Thomas have??

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Bills Today: Bills Welcome 18 Newcomers to Final Roster

1 – Bills welcome 18 newcomers to final roster

2 – Waiver process and practice squad signings starts later today

As NFL rosters have been trimmed down to a maximum of 53 players per team, over 1,000 players are now looking for work. Unfortunately, due to the roster limitations, players must first pass through waivers before becoming unrestricted free agents. On Thursday night, Bills general manager Brandon Beane said that the team will assess the roster now that their cuts have been made, but there is a process to claim waived players.

The waiver claim deadline is at noon today and after that point waived players become unrestricted free agents. Teams may place claims on any player on the waiver wire, but claims are awarded to teams in the reverse order of the 2017 standings. For example, the Bills are 21st on the waiver claim list after making the playoffs last season, and the Cleveland Browns are first.

The Bills will undoubtedly do their due diligence on every player that comes across the waiver wire, and fans may see some roster shuffling in the coming days. 

3 – Hauschka looking to repeat 2017 success