How did Foster make the team?

wppete

Any chance he is on the roster then once practice squads are filled up by other teams he is cut and place on our practice squad easier?

Seems odd he made the team to me. Although coaches raved about his separation and speed. Tre white even singled him out as one of the better wr's he had been competeing against. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm guessing he is just holding a roster spot until we sign someone who was released. Maybe Bryant, Miller or Perriman

I sure hope so. We need guys who actually catch the ball (in bounds) when they're open.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Less likely than Allen will be a bust obvious troll.

We shall see won't we?

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I believe it came out that we showed interest in trading for him. Besides Sean seemed to be ok with the Zay Jones situation. 

He traded up and drafted Jones...

I can now confirm what many of you have probably guessed by now that, yet again, I did not make Buffalo's 53 man roster. At his point in my career, at age 57, I may have to face up to the fact that maybe this just isn't going to work out for me. I have to believe that my failure to attend a single meeting, practice or workout may have been a factor in my failure to make the team. Not being under contract, "officially", definitely had its drawbacks such as frequently being detained by security whenever I tried to get anywhere near the practice field. Still, I want to thank the Pegulas and the entire Buffalo Bills organization for the opportunity they gave me.

And for dropping all charges.

I have already bought season tickets for this year and I am assured that my seats are at least 200 feet away from all members of the organization as is required by the "restraining order" still in effect. 

Go Bills!

Edited by Mickey
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

35 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

What did you say Foster’s chance of making the roster was again? I recall 0.

And didn’t you say that Coleman was a stone cold lock?

Part one is what I thought but I'm not sure I said it.

Part 2 you made up.  I said nothing about Coleman making the team.

10 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I can now confirm what many of you have probably guessed by now that, yet again, I did not make Buffalo's 53 man roster. At his point in my career, at age 57, I may have to face up to the fact the maybe this just isn't going to work out for me. I have to believe that my failure to attend a single meeting, practice or workout may have been a factor in my failure to make the team. Not being under contract, "officially", definitely had its drawbacks such as frequently being detained by security whenever I tried to get anywhere near the practice field. Still, I want to thank the Pegulas and the entire Buffalo Bills organization for the opportunity they gave me.

And for dropping all charges.

I have already bought season tickets for this year and I am assured that my seats are at least 200 feet away from all members of the organization as is required by the "restraining order" still in effect. 

Go Bills!

Quitter

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

With Deonte Thompson released by the Cowboys, Foster shouldn't get too comfortable just yet.

Yep.  Let's wait for the waiver claim awards before saying he made the team.   Foster will likely get stashed on the PS after other teams' rosters are set...

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yep.  Let's wait for the waiver claim awards before saying he made the team.   Foster will likely get stashed on the PS after other teams' rosters are set...

Practice sqyads arent protected. An nfl team can take from another teams PS as long as they aren’t their next opponent.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He’s the only WR left that can get deep now that Coleman’s gone.

Yeah, I've settled on the fact that this is the reason. They must think he's coachable and can correct his route running. Coleman got his money and checked out. He probably didn't study the playbook and thought he'd get by on speed.  Foster has a relationship and trust with the OC. That was probably the difference. I fully expect that 6th spot is a bubble spot and the Bills will keep looking for WR's, OL, LB, DE and possibly 3rd QB for PS. 

The next few days should be interesting.