How did Foster make the team?

wppete

Multiple commentators have said that a better reciever could have gotten the first one in bounds. (Even if it wasn’t a great pass)

The second deep ball he could have layed out for, and it really looked like he wasn’t running full speed. The commentators even mentioned that he seemed to have looked back way too soon.

The third deep pattern he gave up on entirely, which is the biggest no-no.

And then he dropped a ball that was in his chest. 

Thursday was terrible for him, and he seems to be struggling in camp as well (though he did have a good day this week). I liked him a lot, but I don’t see him transitioning. Talent is there, but he’s not a player.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Multiple commentators have said that a better reciever could have gotten the first one in bounds. (Even if it wasn’t a great pass)

The second deep ball he could have layed out for, and it really looked like he wasn’t running full speed. The commentators even mentioned that he seemed to have looked back way too soon.

Thursday was terrible for him, and he seems to be struggling in camp as well (though he did have a good day this week). I liked him a lot, but I don’t see him transitioning. Talent is there, but he’s not a player.

Multiple commentators? That's the problem. I watch the games and do my own evaluation. It's called independent thinking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Multiple commentators? That's the problem. I watch the games and do my own evaluation. It's called independent thinking.

Excuse me. I’m sorry to have trampled your non-Alabama biased independent thinking. 

Please forgive me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Excuse me. I’m sorry to have trampled your non-Alabama biased independent thinking. 

Please forgive me. 

Forget the multiple commentators. So you watched the first play and you think Foster could have caught that pass in bounds?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

dude-- i know you have a man crush on Foster but aside from the ball that went out of bounds--- he was lazy for the other deep ball--- 

He outran a 4.39 guy by 3 or 4 yards. I like that kind of lazy!

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Forget the multiple commentators. So you watched the first play and you think Foster could have caught that pass in bounds?

2 things. 

1- commentators get paid to know things that fans (that’s you and I.) don’t know or fully understand. Are they always right? No. Are they typically right? Yes. 

2- based on what I saw from one angle, it looked like he drifted farther than needed. 

1 minute ago, Bring it said:

I agree with everything but the multiple commentators. I think that out of bounds pass was uncatchable.  Other than that Foster had a bad game. He needs a monster game to even stay on the bubble!

He caught it, but the pass was thrown out of bounds. Where was the tracking issue?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

2 things. 

1- commentators get paid to know things that fans (that’s you and I.) don’t know or fully understand. Are they always right? No. Are they typically right? Yes. 

2- based on what I saw from one angle, it looked like he drifted farther than needed. 

I don't need a talking head to tell me what to think.

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It looked like minimal effort (not saying it WAS) and he seemed to be looking back at the ball for 25 yards. It might have been under-thrown if he’d kept running. He has great physical tools, but they are not polished. Getting seperation is half the battle....but you can’t win the war unless you can finish.  I’ll cheer for him to do great things, but he’s got some work to do. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught a 60 yard bomb and another bomb was just out of his reach. What tracking problems are you talking about?

You saw Allen's first pass, right?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

Yes, I saw the first one that was well out of bounds.  I also saw the second one where Foster was watching the ball for 25 yards and I also saw the 3rd one where he gave up on the play and stopped running.  

He got open on deep routes a couple times, no plays made.  1 on the QB.  1 clearly on Foster.  One split roughly 50/50.

Then there were the other targets, one where he either ran the wrong route or Allen missed him by 3 yards, 1 50/50 ball where he allowed the DB to undercut him, and one he flat out dropped.

He needs to make plays on Friday.  A lot of them.  It wouldn't hurt if he made a special teams tackle or 3 either.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, I saw the first one that was well out of bounds.  I also saw the second one where Foster was watching the ball for 25 yards and I also saw the 3rd one where he gave up on the play and stopped running.  

He got open on deep routes a couple times, no plays made.  1 on the QB.  1 clearly on Foster.  One split roughly 50/50.

Then there were the other targets, one where he either ran the wrong route or Allen missed him by 3 yards, 1 50/50 ball where he allowed the DB to undercut him, and one he flat out dropped.

He needs to make plays on Friday.  A lot of them.  It wouldn't hurt if he made a special teams tackle or 3 either.

Point out the time stamp of where he was watching the ball for 25 yards.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

Just now, Sky Diver said:

He caught it, but the pass was thrown out of bounds. Where was the tracking issue?

True, he caught it. It’s not his fault it was out. I was really thinking that we had a steal in Foster. Sounded like he had a lot of talent and was over looked. But, he slowed down almost stopping on the overthrow. Big mistake. Easiest receiver on the field to cover at that point. Look I hope he turns it around, he needs a huge showing tomorrow!!