McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

12 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Ugh, I rather not keep 3 QBs such a waste. 

Ideally I'm guessing almost nobody wants to keep three QBs. But with the current OL, they may need to sign a few more QBs just to be guaranteed there is one healthy to play the position. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Ugh, I rather not keep 3 QBs such a waste. 

How is it a "waste"?

With our offensive line one is bound to get hurt.

Please explain the probowl players who are getting cut by us who would have had the roster spot that ajm is taking up?

I'll be here all day waiting.

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How pissed will 80% of this place be if Allen doesn’t even dress on game day lol.

I will be excited.

My buddy and I just had this discussion while working on his roof/chimney this morning.

His exact words:

"I don't want to see Allen play a single snap this season behind that sad excuse for an offensive line. He's going to get killed. Sacrifice the other two losers"

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How pissed will 80% of this place be if Allen doesn’t even dress on game day lol.

Yup, 3rd on the depth chart ( no, I'm not drunk transplant)

Congrads to Ray Ray & A J

Edited by Figster

Funny, everyone was certain AJ was gonna be cut Sunday, now everyone is acting like they knew he wouldn’t be and that It’s no surprise and was obvious.  

Persoanlly, given the weakness at some other positions, I didn’t think we would keep 3 QBs given Allen has progressed well and doesn’t seem that far off from being capable of starting.  

But it also doesnt surprise me given none of the QBs are proven really in an actual NFL Game, all showed positives and negatives in camp and preseason, and our OL got 2 of them dinged up already this preseason.  

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I thought you founded the school with how much you love it.

You didn't even go there??

I’m not quite that old.

The University of Alabama is the fourth oldest engineering institution in the US after RPI, Columbia and Virginia.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, everyone was certain AJ was gonna be cut Sunday, now everyone is acting like they knew he wouldn’t be and that It’s no surprise and was obvious.  

Persoanlly, given the weakness at some other positions, I didn’t think we would keep 3 QBs given Allen has progressed well and doesn’t seem that far off from being capable of starting.  

But it also doesnt surprise me given none of the QBs are proven really in an actual NFL Game, all showed positives and negatives in camp and preseason, and our OL got 2 of them dinged up already this preseason.  

Red and I were making our argument last night

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Who is everyone? I said that he was going to start against the Ravens.

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’m not quite that old.

The University of Alabama is the fourth oldest engineering institution in the US after RPI, Columbia and Virginia.

And yet overall it's not even one of the top 100 colleges in the USA for academics.

You'd think they'd have gotten it right being around so long.

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think theres a 50/50 chance between A J and Nasty Nate

Beaterman has outplayed AJM this preseason.

I think he gets the nod.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

And yet overall it's not even one of the top 100 colleges in the USA for academics.

You have fallen into a Crimson Tide Rabbit Hole.  Get out! Get out while you can! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Beaterman has outplayed AJM this preseason.

I think he gets the nod.

Peterman has played very well.

• Like (+1) 1

McCarron was always going to make it. The Brass still doesn't know what it has in Peterman in a regular season game with real bullets. If he starts the season and then doesn't tank (unlikely IMO) they can trade AJ for a mid round pick to a team with a injury to their starter or backup. If they start Allen right off the bat they can wait and do the same. If they start Peterout and he tanks they can get rid of Peterout and put him on PS and keep AJ as backup or starter. I think you have to keep him until you know whether Peterman has Trent Edwards Syndrome or not, and if they think Allen is ready to play.