McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He would be an excellent choice.  I mean, he's a UDFA who couldn't make an NFL roster, so he's certainly not going to come in and light the offense on fire, but he's spent an entire offseason with one of the best teams in the NFL, and they are good in part because of the way the emphasize a lot of the things Sean McDermott emphasizes: doing your job, attention to detail and personal discipline.  Secondly, he has learned the terminology of the Erhard-Perkins offensive system.  Given that Brian Daboll has spend a significant amount of time with New England under Josh McDaniel and runs the same system, there's going to be a much easier learning curve than if they pick up a castoff QB from a West Coast offense team.  Moreover, if Leslie Frasier wants to, he can always pick Ettling's brain on what the evil genius and Josh McDaniel have been doing this summer. 

....great assessment and very informative.....:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's my take. It's Beane's signing, and Dabol is familiar with him, so he has an advantage over the others.

Streater  doesn’t play teams though , does he ? A down the line WR has to play teams to have much value. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

? 25% get a 980 or below on their SATs... 

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Work hard and you might get there.

Bama only required a 900 SAT score for entry prior to 2016 (switched to ACT now)

so yeah...

really high bar to shoot for bro.

25 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Bama only required a 900 SAT score for entry prior to 2016 (switched to ACT now)

so yeah...

really high bar to shoot for bro.

Wrong, but even if so, I’m have confidence that you can do it.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

4.9 million and 2 years of 2 mil dead cap to a guy who never played a game. Coleman got 3.5 mil and will cost 2 mil in dead space I believe as well. Amazing use of resources.

It should have been a red flag when Cleveland was willing to give him away. They didn’t do there homework on that one.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

It should have been a red flag when Cleveland was willing to give him away. They didn’t do there homework on that one.

I do agree with you there.

I was okay with the price (7th round pick) and I at least thought they'd give him a shot to play in the reg season.

55 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

What did you say about Foster making the team again? 0 chance?

And what did you say about Coleman? Stone cold lock to make the team?

You’re consistent. Consistently wrong.

Foster hasn't made the team........he's on the current 53 man roster but there are 8 days before the opener and I expect they will be looking to replace guys like he and Pitts and then put them on the PS.

Foster is fun to watch run.......reminds me a bit of Peerless Price as a runner........ but man is he raw. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s not a myth, it’s a reasoned supposition. I firmly believe Darnold will be better than Allen (although I hope he isn’t), and at the time Beane said repeatedly he hadn’t done his due diligence and wasn’t willing to pull the trigger. The Jets were ready, and I don’t believe for a second that the Bills preferred Allen to Darnold. The Jets simply beat them to the punch, although the Jets had a lot to offer too.

Yeah, he said that but it doesn’t mean trading to #3 was ever an option. 

Personally, I don’t think that was the reason. 

Indy said after the trade that they had other offers but they didn’t want to move down too far. 

Then on draft day, the Bills tried to trade from #12 to #6 and Indy once again refused. 

The Bills, obviously, landed at #7. 

I believe Indy was targeting the guy they drafted - Quenten Nelson, the only real stud OL in the draft, and knew he wouldn’t be there at #12. 

So, to get to #3 6 weeks before the draft, the Bills most likely would have had to go from #21to #12, then from #12 to #7, then #7 to #3. 

Has anything like that ever been done? I know for sure it has never been done 6 weeks before the draft. 

Then on top of all that, after giving up whatever it took to get to #3, they’d have to hope that the Giants didn’t sell the #2 pick, or the Browns didn’t take Darnold, which, at the time of the trade - 6 weeks before the draft, there was a lot of assumption that they would. 

IMO, the #3 pick was never a real option. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Foster hasn't made the team........he's on the current 53 man roster but there are 8 days before the opener and I expect they will be looking to replace guys like he and Pitts and then put them on the PS.

Foster is fun to watch run.......reminds me a bit of Peerless Price as a runner........ but man is he raw. 

You are on the team or you aren’t on the team. Foster is on the team. 

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I do agree with you there.

I was okay with the price (7th round pick) and I at least thought they'd give him a shot to play in the reg season.

If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

Yep as of this moment he is on the team. Next 48 hours will be telling though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

No,  you're not on the team until you make it to that week 1 paycheck.

And even then if teams can't find 53 they are comfortable with thru the opening weeks they will keep the cheapest non-guaranteed contract guys to fill out the last few spots on the roster.

Vets contracts are guaranteed for 16 weeks if they are on the week one roster.......Foster's contract would not be and will run week to week.

I like his wheels and they desperately need a deep threat but it's entirely possible that he gets cut this week or swapped out for a vet next week and goes to the PS.

Seems like a PS lock now though.

• Like (+1) 2