McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s just currency for Beane. He LOVES to move up. The extra 4th, 5th and 7th could help them get another pick in the 1st 3 rounds.

Plus we will have more cap than talent. He made something out of nothing since the cap will have no serious impact. 

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Both can be true, you know.  The probability is against a 5th round pick becoming a solid starter, much less a star - something like 1 in 15or 1 in 20.

But every year there are ~36-38 picks in the 5th round, so every year 1-2 players drafted in the 5th will turn out well or even become stars.

The pick is an asset to be used to move up. We will not be drafting 10 players.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Retrospectively, I think AJ knew something about this prior to the game. His post game discussion with reporters was exceptionally melancholy and fatalistic.. jmo

I have not yet seen the game, nuch less interviews, but it makes sense. He was hoping for a breakout, and that didn’t really happen for him, regardless of locale. Personally, I’d settle for his millions, but I get it. 

14 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

so when Beane trades our best players its all "he is clearing cap space" 

but when he makes dumb trades like this and creates more dead cap "the cap doesn't matter"

pick a side for !@#$s sake 

I didnt say that, I was just meaning to call out the guy who insisted that every draft pick matters. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And a 5th can be packaged.  I'm all down with building draft capital and a 5th will be quite handy in next year's draft.

give me a break. How about we just try win this yeAr for a change.

bills fans are not only long suffering  but also the most patient fan base I've ever been around.  

We are a defending playoff team. I wish we could act like it instead of all the sniveling about not being good and next year and golden tickets (draft picks).

Although many will no doubt be happy because it smells like tanking.

Edited by reddogblitz

26 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The comeback was nice to see, but he was God-awful in that game and even with the comeback stats padding the overall game stats, they were  still horrible.

There are always statistical deviants but that is not predictable.

The general assumption that a 5th will get you nothing is accurate, almost always.

just fuel for trading the pick. stack and shed.

it works when disciplined

• Like (+1) 1