O Line help

harv shitz

28 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Doesn't matter.  this regime is obsessed with Duccasse Juan Castillo, who is the biggest problem with the line.  They could bring in a pro bowl guard, and Vlad would still start.

fixed  :wallbash:

Edited by BobChalmers

34 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Doesn't matter.  this regime is obsessed with Duccasse, who is the biggest problem with the line.  They could bring in a pro bowl guard, and Vlad would still start.

At least Vlad can run block fairly well. Miller is completely useless out there. Completely. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, harv shitz said:

what are the chances that we may find one or two decent lineman who get cut, and they can come in and help us?

There are several teams in this league that have to have tremendous depth at OL. I find it very hard to believe there won't be several guards cut in the next hour that wouldn't make an immediate Improvement on our OL.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

I thought the OL looked good vs the Bears' seconds, thirds, and soon-to-be cuts

There we go.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Zero. 

Is there a reason why we couldn't sniff out the best OL or 2 very likely to be cut, and contact that team prior to making the cut....and offer them a 7th round pick or something a bit more than nothing....and trade for the guy prior to him getting cut?

Of all the position groups, OL is BY FAR the weakest both on our roster and league wide. We'll be lucky just to sign a depth guy there.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There are several teams in this league that have to have tremendous depth at OL. I find it very hard to believe there won't be several guards cut in the next hour that wouldn't make an immediate Improvement on our OL.

I strongly disagree. There is a league wide shortage of OL talent. Many guys that are starters wouldn't have even made a roster 10 years ago. Just look at the OL's from last year for the Bengals, Colts and several others.

I doubt we get anybody. However, I do wanna say that I feel the OL has done a pretty good job in the run blocking aspect. Murphy and Ivory have been pretty good behind them.

Pass blocking has been atrocious, but I wonder if they choose Nate to start because of his release time. That would mark the pass blocking issues some.