If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Chicago gave up too much. I’m glad we didn’t make a move for him

Yup... I actually think, as good as Mack is, the Raiders won this trade- if the are, in deed,  getting two 1sr rounders for him...imo you just don’t give up that kind of capital for a non QB.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I used to be a giant homer.  Found many ways to defend guys like Jauron and Trent.  But it’s also k to be skeptical.  The Bills mean so much to be because they represent Buffalo.  But you don’t have to blindly trust everything which some do with the “process.”  Personally, I think their offensive player evalutiion has been terrible.  Still feel like a kid on Christmas when the season starts.

I am glad to see we have a GM and HC working in concert with a definitive plan and a definitive process.  Will it work?  We'll see.

I do hope next year they draft all linemen on both sides of the ball

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

If you are suggesting that being a fan places the team/organization beyond criticism, you're an idiot.

Have a good day!

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Recognizing the Bills aren't as good as they can be, or we want them to be....does not make someone less of a fan.

What I am asking is what the motivation is of a "fan" that constantly posts negatives.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

If you are suggesting that being a fan places the team/organization beyond criticism, you're an idiot.

Have a good day!

Not at all.  Justified critique is one thing.  Constant negativity just to be negative is different.  Like those saying we will not win a game this year.  That's ridiculous.  Or that Allen is already a bust.  That's ridiculous.

You like a few others don't want to address that and just deflect.  What motivates someone claiming to be a fan to be so negative all the time?

• Like (+1) 1

I feel the need to point out something that should be obvious, but still seems to confuse some. Acknowledging that the Bills are rebuilding and are still at least a year away from serious contention has nothing whatsoever to do with emotions. This conclusion is based on reason. It has nothing to do with love or hate. As far as the equally absurd notion that only homers are "good fans", I was a loyal Bills fan before they even played their first game.

And for the record, I see brighter days ahead.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you don’t love every move the Bills make, GET OUT!!! if you don’t praise everything this country does, THEN MOVE!!!

LOL I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic. Also, if you don't like what your country does, don't leave. Instead, work for change.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

What I am asking is what the motivation is of a "fan" that constantly posts negatives.

Not at all.  Justified critique is one thing.  Constant negativity just to be negative is different.  Like those saying we will not win a game this year.  That's ridiculous.  Or that Allen is already a bust.  That's ridiculous.

You like a few others don't want to address that and just deflect.  What motivates someone claiming to be a fan to be so negative all the time?

You can't know that someone is trying "just to be negative" unless you are a mind reader. Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't want to hear the message. Make a reasoned response instead.

10 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I feel the need to point out something that should be obvious, but still seems to confuse some. Acknowledging that the Bills are rebuilding and are still at least a year away from serious contention has nothing whatsoever to do with emotions. This conclusion is based on reason. It has nothing to do with love or hate. As far as the equally absurd notion that only homers are "good fans", I was a loyal Bills fan before they even played their first game.

And for the record, I see brighter days ahead.

LOL I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic. Also, if you don't like what your country does, don't leave. Instead, work for change.

You can't know that someone is trying "just to be negative" unless you are a mind reader. Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't want to hear the message. Make a reasoned response instead.

I'll try.  Just seems weird to me

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I'll try.  Just seems weird to me

Great response! I've never waivered in my support even in the darkest times. Many of you are too young to remeber so many years when Buffalo, Philadelphia,  Chicago, Pittsburgh and (later on) New Orleans vied for the top pick year after year. Remember when Harvey Johnson coached the Bills to back-to-back 1-13 seasons? Remember when Dan Darraugh or Ed Rutkowski were our starting QB's? Did you know that the Bills won only 43% of their games in their first 50 years. I've learned to roll with the punches and I still say we'll take a step backwards this year and 2 steps forward next year. Who knows? Maybe that proverbial light will come on for Allen and Edmunds early on, but I don't think it has just yet.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Recognizing the Bills aren't as good as they can be, or we want them to be....does not make someone less of a fan.

Short of winning a Super Bowl, the Bills will never be as good as we want them to be. Or as good as they can be for that matter. They can be a great team with a great QB, stud WR and stud pass rusher if only you had the first pick in the draft a bunch of years in a row and played in a city that every FA wants to go to. Constantly complaining about not getting this player or that player is tiresome and pointless. It’s one thing if a fan says “ I wish we would have drafted Rosen “ because the Bills had their choice and didn’t take him. Fine. But say , Sam Darnold ? He wasn’t on the board when the Bills picked and the Jets only had to move up two spots in the draft to get to pick #3 It wasn’t going to happen. I think it’s this kind of stuff that the OP was referring to. At some point it may be better to simply follow your favorite College players than hope they land on the Bills. 

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Do you love your riding lawn mower and the work it does for you? Yes.

Do you love your lawn mower when it is broken down. No.

Do you want your lawn mower fixed? Yes.

If fans hated the Bills they would not complain that they want it fixed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I am a Bills fan DESPITE all of that.

This is what you call true love.  I love the Bills even though I am not happy with many of the decisions the Bills have made over the past few years.  In fact, I have been a Bills fan since I my parents took me to games as a young child and notwithstanding that I live in Miami now.

As such a Bills fan, I feel I have put in my time and have every right to express my opinion.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Peter said:

I am a Bills fan DESPITE all of that.

This is what you call true love.  I love the Bills even though I am not happy with many of the decisions the Bills have made over the past few years.  In fact, I have been a Bills fan since I was my parents took me to games as a young child and notwithstanding that I live in Miami now.

As such a Bills fan, I feel I have put in my time and have every right to express my opinion.

Just my two cents.

I perhaps was unclear in my OP.  I have no problem with expressing opinions, critiques, etc.  it is being incessantly negative even in the absence of any information I don't get.  Opinions etc should be based off some data, but some are negative it seems just to be negative.

People rip Beane and say he'll get fired.  Based on one draft where he got a QB and MLB?  What sense does that make.  Saying we won't win a game this year, when the same things were said last preseason and they made the playoffs?  Saying Allen will be a bust before he's even played one NFL game?  Come on.

My question continues to be what motivates being so negative.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I perhaps was unclear in my OP.  I have no problem with expressing opinions, critiques, etc.  it is being incessantly negative even in the absence of any information I don't get.  Opinions etc should be based off some data, but some are negative it seems just to be negative.

People rip Beane and say he'll get fired.  Based on one draft where he got a QB and MLB?  What sense does that make.  Saying we won't win a game this year, when the same things were said last preseason and they made the playoffs?  Saying Allen will be a bust before he's even played one NFL game?  Come on.

My question continues to be what motivates being so negative.

The problem with your complaint  is there has been information or data.

Previously the data spoke for itself, playoff droughts, drafts, coaching turnover 

We don’t know if last season was an outlier, the bills did not control their own destiny into getting into the playoffs, they needed help. 

As for those thinking Allen is a bust, they point to his college play and scouting report, and it’s not unfounded, why, you yourself were in the Rosen camp, so who are you to criticize them for thinking he will be a bust? 

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

The problem with your complaint  is there has been information or data.

Previously the data spoke for itself, playoff droughts, drafts, coaching turnover 

We don’t know if last season was an outlier, the bills did not control their own destiny into getting into the playoffs, they needed help. 

As for those thinking Allen is a bust, they point to his college play and scouting report, and it’s not unfounded, why, you yourself were in the Rosen camp, so who are you to criticize them for thinking he will be a bust? 

I would have liked Rosen but nowhere did I say Allen was a bum.  I prefer to actually see what happens before criticizing.

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Speaking strictly for me, I think you have confusion between "hate the team" and "worry about results".  I don't think anyone is trying to "bring others down", but for me, it's been hard to watch our OL during these preseason games and feel good about our chances this upcoming season. 

I also think many who hold the various opinions you mention are not the same folks.  But there are some here who have BBFS (Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome) borne of decades of incompetence and mediocrity.  It's hard to believe we can have nice things.