Draft UB QB 2019?

QBorBust2018

12 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

After the bengals game, looking like Allen has major bust potential. If we have a top pick again I think you fire away on another QB

I don't know if you know this but after Nathan Peterman's terrible game against the chargers he wasn't immediately shot into the sun. So I think they probably give Allen longer than one bad preseason game.

Allen does have major bust potential.  Not because of anything he did in any preseason game however.

He also has major success potential.

No one here knows which it will be...yet.

This is why I'm all in favor of him starting game 1.  If he's going to bust, let's find out, b/c we WILL need another QB in that event.

Everyone pump the breaks.  He’s a kid and just getting started.  Whoever thought a rookie was going to come out in the beginning and play lights out, is foolhearty.

in addition, conventional wisdom that even several analysts state is place the best playing QB in the pre-season start in Baltimore which is Peterman.  If he fails and then Allen fails as well, it is less devastating to Allen not causing him to be damaged goods.  Besides he gets more time to work on his drops, timing, and waiting for WR and RB to get to their brakes (see interview on One Bills Drive with Greg Cosell).  I trust his opinion as he gave so many specifics why Peterman was playing better than Allen.  

Allen can improve on these skills, but if he feats absolutely hammered with sacks and picks he’ll be the next Carr.  Not the Raiders QB, but his older brother when he was totally shell shocked after his first season.  He was put in a terrible position and ruined him.

Many of you will disagree and that’s ok.  This is my opinion and I respect those who do want to put Allen in first.  I just don’t think it is logical.