I just picked up a Buffalo radio station

Ice bowl 67

15 minutes ago, PRBills said:

I remember this exact same thread, BBMB maybe?

Figured the thread was an ad for someone who works at the station, but I enjoy the reminder my scan function cuts out lots of accessible FM stations in the car

Years ago, back when TV was still all analog signals, I was playing around with the auto-program on my parents TV, because sometimes we could pick up Rochester stations, and picked up a station that was advertising Hurricane Shutters. Since we lived in Central New York this was interesting. Eventually they played a station break with their city/call letters, it was a station out of Florida. Not completely clear signal, very fuzzy, but still viewable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dragging this back out to report that driving back from Ottawa Ontario this morning, I picked up 96.9 WGRF Buffalo as clear as a bell on Highway 401 in Trenton Ontario.  Well in excess of the predicted coverage map.  That stretch of highway is along the Lake Ontario shore, and is elevated by the natural landscape.  Hearing the hosts speaking of the Bills, I figured it was Rochester, but station ID clued me in.  I wasn't paying attention to frequency readout on the screen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, Figster said:

It might be the big guys way of telling you Buffalo is the place to be my friend.

You would make a good Bills fan If you think about it. ;  ) 

What if he also is able to pick up a Newark, NJ station? Does that mean that he should move into a Tony Soprano neighborhood?