[Vague Title] With Ray-Ray sidelined...

Hebert19

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

So we IR him and keep coleman and make a decision on which one to keep when ray ray is able to come back?  Doubt we would keep both otherwise. 

Most likely this will happen. But it won’t be Coleman. He’s making the team. It’ll be someone else like streeter, or Reilly, or O’Leary 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, perhaps I am not up-to-date on this. I thought I saw a tweet from a journalist or some such that the injury to Ray-Ray might not be that serious.

BILLSWIRE By: Nick Wojton | 1 hour ago

McCloud preformed well in the contest, taking one kickoff return for a 32-yard gain and another punt return for another 25 yards. The sixth-round pick then injured his knee on a punt return and left the game.

NYUP.com first reported that McCloud’s injury was “not serious.”

A source has since confirmed to BillsWire’s that McCloud’s injury is not considered serious and can add that McCloud has suffered an MCL sprain.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, perhaps I am not up-to-date on this. I thought I saw a tweet from a journalist or some such that the injury to Ray-Ray might not be that serious.

Here's the original story: https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/08/sources_buffalo_bills_wr_ray-ray_mcclouds_knee_injury_not_believed_to_be_serious.html#incart_river_index

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I hope he’s ok. Rook was looking good.

...just askin' bud.....could you IR him with designation to return, which I believe would be week 6?.....if Coleman has some perceived value but being "late to the party", see what he can do until Ray-Ray can return?......

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

So we IR him and keep coleman and make a decision on which one to keep when ray ray is able to come back?  Doubt we would keep both otherwise. 

Yeah can see that happening.  Maybe standard practice, McD tell one of the trainers to trip him on the sideline , take him out for the year.  

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just askin' bud.....could you IR him with designation to return, which I believe would be week 6?.....if Coleman has some perceived value but being "late to the party", see what he can do until Ray-Ray can return?......

Yep

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

There is no more IR with a designation to return.  A player has to make it past the cut to 53 1st before he can be put on IR and then activated as soon as eight weeks later. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is no more IR with a designation to return.  A player has to make it past the cut to 53 1st before he can be put on IR and then activated as soon as eight weeks later. 

...thanks for the clarification bud.....:thumbsup:.......could he go to PS (if he clears)  and THEN IR designation to return?.....

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so good or bad idea?.............

Good idea if they have others they want to keep. They could bring him back midseason esp if there is an injury in the WR group. If the injury is more of the 3 week variety they may just roster him. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I doubt they would expose him to waivers.  

...even if he is known to be dinged?.........purported injury is MCL sprain with 2-4 week recovery....think someone would roll the dice?.....Get Ha-Ha here and we could have the "Hyphenated Twins" in da house....:thumbsup:........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy