Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

1 hour ago, Jamie Mueller said:

From what I'm reading about Orchard... it sure sounds a lot like what was being said about Jerry Hughes when we picked him up.  Guys that can get through to the quarterback fairly consistently are worth a lot in today's game.

5 sacks in 3 years. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When the guy you just gave a contract to publicly states that your logic in signing him to said contract is broken.....you've got a problem. This punter-gate is hilarious and...I hate saying it but....so Billsy. I can only hope that the idea is to grab Jon Ryan after week 1 so that he doesn't have a fully guaranteed deal.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

When the guy you just gave a contract to publicly states that your logic in signing him to said contract is broken.....you've got a problem. This punter-gate is hilarious and...I hate saying it but....so Billsy. I can only hope that the idea is to grab Jon Ryan after week 1 so that he doesn't have a fully guaranteed deal.

You know what makes less sense keeping a punter all of preseason and never letting him punt.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:38 AM, eball said:

The Foster thing is interesting. I’m not going to take the time to re-watch the preseason tape but it strikes me that he was getting open a lot but sometimes struggled with tracking the ball or making “natural” catches. They must believe he is coachable and will improve with experience. The athletic tools are obvious. I’m glad they took a chance with a guy like this over someone like Streater. 

It may just be that Foster knows that Daboll likes his coffee with whiskey added and does it without even saying it.

Sometimes coaches keep players because they are familiar with them.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bronxbomber21 said:

Nether is Vald

I am sure your years of OL tells you that.

21 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I'm not actually certain that makes less sense. They, at least, had the opportunity to see him kick in practice. 

Right but if he wasn't good enough to let him take a shot during preseason games why would you keep him so long and not open up a spot to try someone else?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but if he wasn't good enough to let him take a shot during preseason games why would you keep him so long and not open up a spot to try someone else?

I'm not arguing against that. It's obviously a terrible idea. What I'm saying is that a team that has never seen the guy kick in an NFL stadium, after watching him get held out of 4 PRESEASON games, is thinking way , way outside of the box to think that picking him up to replace two proven, yet under-performing, veterans is the the right move. These are both ridiculous concepts.

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

5 sacks in 3 years. 

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

5 sacks in 3 years. 

Getting through the line is supposed to be the hard part... maybe someone just needs to teach him to stop when he gets to the quarterback...

13 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I'm not arguing against that. It's obviously a terrible idea. What I'm saying is that a team that has never seen the guy kick in an NFL stadium, after watching him get held out of 4 PRESEASON games, is thinking way , way outside of the box to think that picking him up to replace two proven, yet under-performing, veterans is the the right move. These are both ridiculous concepts.

Let's just see how the kid does in a game before we lose our composure.  I have seen a reaction like this since they drafted Allen... a move that does seem so upsetting any more.

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I really think that BB and the Pat's were trying to outsmart everyone and held him out to sneak him into their PS. Other teams that may have seen or scouted him in the past probably knew he could kick and swiped him before he could get into the PS in NE. Either that or the Bolls front office is actually run by Chimps and decided to pick up a Punter that they didnt get to scout play in a Preseason game......

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I really think that BB and the Pat's were trying to outsmart everyone and held him out to sneak him into their PS. Other teams that may have seen or scouted him in the past probably knew he could kick and swiped him before he could get into the PS in NE. Either that or the Bolls front office is actually run by Chimps and decided to pick up a Punter that they didnt get to scout play in a Preseason game......

Exactly 

they knew he could punt so why show it to other teams. Stash him for a year cheap and maybe replaces their starter