Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If they keep Ray Ray Ray and Murphy, which they are, there is no reason to keep Jones or a fourth RB. 

They are keeping Jones for ST.  He was part of the 36 players that worked out and didn’t play on Thursday.  Looks like they are keeping 4 RB’s

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

They are keeping Jones for ST.  He was part of the 36 players that worked out and didn’t play on Thursday.  Looks like they are keeping 4 RB’s

It's ridiculous though. He's not that great a KR guy and Ray Ray or Murphy can do that, not to mention most KO are unreturnable. He doesn't return punts and Ray Ray and Kerley can do that. They are keeping Holmes to be the main gunner because they like him. He doesn't make a lot of tackles on ST. They always say he's there for ST and he was the KR at times last year but his ST skills are not needed or that good. Keep either Holmes or Jones for ST not both. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

It's ridiculous though. He's not that great a KR guy and Ray Ray or Murphy can do that, not to mention most KO are unreturnable. He doesn't return punts and Ray Ray and Kerley can do that. They are keeping Holmes to be the main gunner because they like him. He doesn't make a lot of tackles on ST. They always say he's there for ST and he was the KR at times last year but his ST skills are not needed or that good. Keep either Holmes or Jones for ST not both. 

I definitely don't disagree with you. I don't think they should keep both. I'd prefer they keep another WR over Jones but alas it doesn't look like their line of thinking.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:58 AM, ProcessAccepted said:

I have to imagine it's worse to make the cut, survive the deadline,  only to be released the next day because they preferred someone else who was with another team.

It's brutal for those guys on the bubble.

Yeah, there are about 20 guys on the final 53 that shouldn't get too comfortable...can't remember a time when the Bills had so many "meh" players that would be in danger of losing jobs once they scour the waiver wire

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, matter2003 said:

Yeah, there are about 20 guys on the final 53 that shouldn't get too comfortable...can't remember a time when the Bills had so many "meh" players that would be in danger of losing jobs once they scour the waiver wire

I would not be surprised if we signed three or even four off waiver wires. Our depth is really bad. Then again, McBeane only like certain kind of players, and like if not overvalue their guys, so we don't get a chance at as many as other teams.