Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I figured it out by the next few posts but may I say.. you make me proud son!

I may have a problem as I clicked on it anyway.

Holy crap.  I just about clicked on it again, because I thought it was something new.  Now I have to watch out for ddaryl and Reed83HOF posts.

4 hours ago, scribo said:

Being classy and respectful with these players had long-term benefits. Some of those cut will be wanted back later. All of them will talk to other players around the league. Reputations like that matter.

Tom Landry personally met with and cut each guy himself. A good model to emulate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At this point I’d about prefer 3 WR and 7 TE.  Our TE seem more useful.  Maybe we can put 2 TE on the field with 5 OL and an RB and buy some time for our 3 passable WR to try to get open

I think you are on to something.  Benjamin is basically a TE...so keeping Clay, Jack's Grandson, Kelly's Boyfriend, the starting QB (Logan), Towbridge and Lee gets us to 7...

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Tom Landry personally met with and cut each guy himself. A good model to emulate.

...EXACTLY why he exuded nothing but class IMO....and the first order of business for the scab Plastic Puss Jones was to kick him to the curb with NO fanfare....did then, now and forever will loathe that scumbag............

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Totally agree. You have to cut a guy if you can replace him with a better player. If the GM doesn't have the stones for that then it's time to get a new GM who does.

I was commenting on how tough a life it is for the borderline guys. 

I didn't see that coming. I'm pretty sure that dude played on our OL for most of the Bengals game. ?

He was one of our better guards.

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Ian Rapoport

First roster cut for the #Bills is in. Check here for continuous updates https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-53-man-roster-cutdown-8_31_18

I was at work.

First thing i did was look behind me to see if anyone noticed.
Thank gosh no one was near me!
 That would have been hard to explain : ))
 Have not taken that bait in years..  Perfect timing well executed throw. 

Thanks for the good laugh HOF : )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't think Teller would fit right in? I know he took on a swim move last night that cost us a sack but he is damn good at run blocking and he doesn't get flagged.We're going to be running the football a lot....and he hits and keeps going up field and keeps hitting.

I think he will come along nicely, over time. Thinking he has a nice career ahead of him.. Needs more time more reps . 

but yes i think he does fit right in

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At this point I’d about prefer 3 WR and 7 TE.  Our TE seem more useful.  Maybe we can put 2 TE on the field with 5 OL and an RB and buy some time for our 3 passable WR to try to get open

I was about to write something similar.

Thomas plays as a bit of a WR. and has stepped up a bit.
Croom or Thomas and PS the others. and Ps 7 wrs. and hope one or two of them develops quickly !!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Agreed, I liked him a lot last year as well!

Play  Rod Streater till he gets injured again. this ties in to my 7 WRs on PS theory lol.

he is a + in the WR room. Veteran who knows the game and has some speed. Have him mentor that Alabama  kid all the while. ( unless he gets picked up in a heartbeat hahah ! ) as suggested in another thread

Edited by 3rdand12

I think we need to keep all 3 QBs. They all suck so you will still need to mix and match as the season goes on and if 1 gets hurt (which is highly likely given our line) you will want 3rd. 

Would be really stupid to cut one of these QBs.

• Like (+1) 1