Hats off to A.J.

19 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Maybe 10 guys who touched the field last night will make the team and as someone said, 10 may be generous. So AJ was playing with bad talent, but he should have looked a lot better than them. Instead he looked just like them. 

He did not have lots of drops. He just didn’t look good. Did he maybe play himself into one more NFL roster late? Only a team in true desperate straights could believe in him. 

It is just plain very difficult to evaluate McCarron at all off the last two preseason games he played.  Against the Browns, the OL was atrocious and he had no chance.  Last night, the OL gave him little to no chance.  Now, I'm not saying he is a star, but I think if given time to throw McCarron is at least competent.

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It is just plain very difficult to evaluate McCarron at all off the last two preseason games he played.  Against the Browns, the OL was atrocious and he had no chance.  Last night, the OL gave him little to no chance.  Now, I'm not saying he is a star, but I think if given time to throw McCarron is at least competent.

When some starter goes down this season, his agent will get a call. No doubt. 

42 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Maybe 10 guys who touched the field last night will make the team and as someone said, 10 may be generous. So AJ was playing with bad talent, but he should have looked a lot better than them. Instead he looked just like them. 

From the "all throws" video, I can't agree with that.

AJ did have some throws that were off in various ways in the first half.  He may have been shaking off rust or in pain.  I suspect he got an injection at the half.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From the "all throws" video, I can't agree with that.

AJ did have some throws that were off in various ways in the first half.  He may have been shaking off rust or in pain.  I suspect he got an injection at the half.

Too bad it wasn't an injection of talent. 

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It was meaningless and first half dreadful but nice job hanging there to at least end this very strange preseason on a positive note 

Gotta give it to him...not many QB's can carry a 0.0 QB Rating into the 4th Quarter but by gosh Golly Gee He did it!

He was terrible last night. There is no such thing as a comeback win in preseason because the final score is meaningless. Preseason games are just a series of practice scenarios. It doesn't count as a comeback because the defense isn't game planning to stop it. Sure he played a little better as the game went on and the worst players on the Bears depth chart took the field. Any remotely competent QB should have been able to move the ball at will yesterday. It was embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hey, Wiki is never wrong ;)

There are two sources cited, but neither source actually backs up the claim. Damn, it'd be fun to use Hanson against him.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I think this team has to carry all three at least to start the year. 

If we can trade McCarron for anything we save $1 million on the cap this year and $5 million next year. That's the best thing we can do right now. This is his 4th year in the league and he hasn't improved at all. I'd rather just see Peterman if the plan is to let Allen be the backup for a few games. At least Peterman has a chance of becoming something.

• Like (+1) 1

He made a collage video from Camp & preseason of the scrubs he’d be playing with and showed it to them the night before. He was pretty emotional about it after the game. He knew it would be the last time they’d be together and perhaps the end of NFL dreams for many.

Class act and a veteran move. We don’t have that @ QB on this team if he leaves. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

When some starter goes down this season, his agent will get a call. No doubt. 

Well that's probably going to be us with his bad our line is combined with the gauntlet of pass rushers we face this season early on (Titans, chargers, Vikings, Texans...ugh).