[Vague Title] The More Things Stay the Same

Griff28

Since the glory days, it' so crazy that no matter who the coaches are, who the players are - this team cannot stop the run, gets killed on third and long, cannot pass protect, and gets penalized like mad.  And I know I'm missing things.  Why do they look exactly the same, exactly the same ! whether it's Rex , McDermott, Williams, Jauron, etc.  It doesn't matter.

23 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

Since the glory days, it' so crazy that no matter who the coaches are, who the players are - this team cannot stop the run, gets killed on third and long, cannot pass protect, and gets penalized like mad.  And I know I'm missing things.  Why do they look exactly the same, exactly the same ! whether it's Rex , McDermott, Williams, Jauron, etc.  It doesn't matter.

Shame its not preseason and so we can say the scrubs are playing...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

Of those problems, I think the penalties will be fixed in short order.  The others are still a work in progress.

10 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Also tonight’s game is a preseason game featuring a bunch of jobbers

The OP is dead-on.  This year's Bills team look depressingly like so many previous Bills teams.  They have played much worse this preseason than they did last season, as witness how poorly the first teamers on both sides of the ball played against Cleveland and Cinci. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

'04 was our last year with Pat Williams.  '14 was our one year with Schwartz.  Looks like we're due to stop the run again in 2024.

We didn’t even stop the run that great with Schwartz... we didn’t finish top 10 iirc 

middle of road

3 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I'm still mad that we didn't make Schwatz the HC and then bring in Chan Gailey at OC, at least Schwarz would have done something with the QB position.  

Just curious...what do you think Schwartz would have done with the QB situation?  Does he have some history of bringing up great QB's in the NFL that I am unaware of?