How Many Bills Wins in 2018 Reg. Season?

GreggTX

How many regular season games will we win this year?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games will we win this year?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16

I was feeling 8-8 after Carolina. Then, we still played 3 more pre-season games. They look beyond terrible. The first half vs Bengals was foreshadowing. OL is horrendous. Doesn't matter who they keep... don't have 5 starting caliber. Defense doesn't look good, and that's what we were all counting on. No pass rush, limited LB help, Davis at CB is not giving confidence. Only hope is.... McCoy, Dawkins, Murphy have not played. If healthy, do they make a big enough difference? Probably not enough. Only other hope is that coaches are holding SO much back that they are strategically holding out for week 1. I really liked the offensive attack vs Car. Maybe that's their plan for season and wanted to test it week 1 in pre-season then lay off it the rest of pre-season to not tip their hand. As it looks now though, I voted for 3-4 wins above.

I think 3 wins is about the best the Bills will be able to do in 2018.  If any of their few "stars", ie, McCoy, misses significant time, they may be looking at even fewer wins.  This team seems like a contender for the #1 overall pick.

What surprised me about this poll is that more than 40% of the poll participants felt the Bills would only win 3 or 4 games in 2018.

Edited by SoTier

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

7-8.  We won’t be as bad as people seem to think.  As usual, we’ll win a couple that we’re heavy underdogs in, but also drop a couple games that we “should have” won.

Not so sure about the "should have" won games. Didn't really have much of that last year like we did in years past. Hoping that's a thing of the past. Past Bills teams would have lost the Snow Bowl and Bucs games.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

7-8.  We won’t be as bad as people seem to think.  As usual, we’ll win a couple that we’re heavy underdogs in, but also drop a couple games that we “should have” won.

Bingo. The Bills are an 8-8 team, and have been for awhile. They deviate slightly, but at heart they are 8-8. Not enough has changed to convince me otherwise.

49 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think 3 wins is about the best the Bills will be able to do in 2018.  If any of their few "stars", ie, McCoy, misses significant time, they may be looking at even fewer wins.  This team seems like a contender for the #1 overall pick.

What surprised me about this poll is that more than 40% of the poll participants felt the Bills would only win 3 or 4 games in 2018.

Care to share your prediction from last year?

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

People overreacting to preseason 

No they're not. They're reacting to the lack of talent on offense. This defense has to be 2014 good to get them to .500, and guess what. This defense is not as good, no where close.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That is according to the media and so called " experts " There is NO WAY there will be this low !! I saw some great plays and there is so much good potential , sure there is a lot of improvements that needs to be done , hopefully as the season goes on they will learn  on their mistakes 

Here is my prediction for the Bills  

FLOOR : 6-10 

CEILING 11-5 

Most likely scenario 8-8 or 9-7 

Baltimore is gonna be a real big challenge 5-0 in the preseason but you just never know , we may start 1-0 ? 

There is possibility that we could make it to the playoffs again , we are not going to win the  division but we will be a contender , hopefully win a playoff game . I could care less about winning the division , as long as we make it to the playoffs which I think is a  possibility , let's prove all these sports networks wrong . GO BILLS ! 

• Like (+1) 1

With real game-planning, I can still see the Bills being a solid, playoff-fringe team.

Tighten up the D, get the run game going, and get good game management from Peterman. It's very possible they succeed at those things and stay competitive.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Floor: 3-13

Ceiling: 8-8

Most likely: 6-10

I agree with you.  I'd put most likely at about 5-11 though, not 6-10.  COULD this team be 8-8?  Sure, if whoever they start at QB exceeds our expectations (and national expectations), then sure.  But right now I see too many holes on this team for them to be in the top half of the league.  Honestly, I don't have a strong feeling at all (less than most years).  If they finish as good as 8-8, it wouldn't surprise me much....if they are 3-13, it wouldn't surprise me much either.

• Like (+1) 1

i would have voted 10-11 wins. i believe we can sneak a couple out early. if we can get to 5-3 through the first half,  we could very well go 6-2, maybe even 7-1 in the second half.

most of the 2nd half games are at home and other than the pats and jags, i think the rest are probably should win games....

even 5-3 down the stretch puts us at 10-6.   i'm predicting we will be playing the winner of the afcw in a wildcard game.

if they start allen, please disregard the above.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

With real game-planning, I can still see the Bills being a solid, playoff-fringe team.

Tighten up the D, get the run game going, and get good game management from Peterman. It's very possible they succeed at those things and stay competitive.

I agree. This team used the preseason to assess the 3 QBs. We will be a running team in the regular season. Teams knew we would be passing disproportionately more than normal because of the QB battle and it allowed them them to cheat the passing game.

I am not worried nearly as much about this team when we get to the regular season because we will be much more balanced. 

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No they're not. They're reacting to the lack of talent on offense. This defense has to be 2014 good to get them to .500, and guess what. This defense is not as good, no where close.

Exactly my thoughts on overreacting