Looks like AJM might play the whole game?

YoloinOhio

McCarron is going to be the starter.

I like McDermott overall, but I am still convinced that his offensive philosophy is to run every play, barely pass, and punt as much as possible. McCarron is perfect for that.

As Bills fans we KNOW... you CANNOT pass the ball in Buffalo! Otherwise we would have a HOF QB who played here

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

I like McDermott overall, but I am still convinced that his offensive philosophy is to run every play, barely pass, and punt as much as possible. McCarron is perfect for that.

As Bills fans we KNOW... you CANNOT pass the ball in Buffalo! Otherwise we would have a HOF QB who played here

You don't draft Josh Allen if you don't intend to eventually throw the ball a lot. I think McDermott will get there, but I believe you are right about his basic inclinations.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

As Bills fans we KNOW... you CANNOT pass the ball in Buffalo! Otherwise we would have HOF QBs who played here

If McCarron was starting next week, the chances of him playing tonight would be

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

AJM 4 TDs all to Foster!

SkyDiver is redeemed.

2019 1st, AJ McCarron and Robert Foster for Mack.

SkyDiver becomes a Raider fan.

Skydive and I are staying to haunt you guys...kinda like bad leftovers.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Gross

The only point is to showcase him for a trade.  Of course, what loser team would be impressed if a vet qb plays well in the most meaningless game of the season?

there is zero reason not to play Allen.  He needs the reps and I need a reason to watch this ? fest.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

AJ is going to be on the block I think. Which he won't be happy about, considering he came here with the hopes of winning the starting job. Slow to process like Allen, arm strength of Peterman...

1 minute ago, twist_to_open said:

Who exactly is our starting offensive line?

I dunno but I hope Teller is in that group and not Miller.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I took “notable” to mean it was worth noting that they were amongst the group working out with the starters ... that they weren’t considered locks  but he was making a note that they were in the group 

You have the patience of a saint yolo

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The only point is to showcase him for a trade.  Of course, what loser team would be impressed if a vet qb plays well in the most meaningless game of the season?

there is zero reason not to play Allen.  He needs the reps and I need a reason to watch this ? fest.

Motion to add poop emoji to the selection of post rating emojis? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

NFL Network is not showing the game live.

They are showing a replay of the game, however, this Saturday morning (9/1/2018) at 6:00am.

I have it at 9 AM. My TV guide might be off. 

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Reddit nfl streams...google it and there will be a working link in the thread

Is there ALSO a place to see the games 3-5 hours+/day after?

I can't record streams...

And yes ALL QBs and young guys need some added reps IMO. Of course injuries always scare everyone, including coaches

I could be wrong (like I often am) but I don't see the Bills trading McCarron.  You are not going to get much back, and then you have to go out and get another QB, which will take a while to learn the playbook. If the OL is as bad is they seem, it is only a matter of time before Peterman gets dinged up..or seriously hurt. Then what?  You want to put Allen behind that SAME OL...and with who as the next man up if he goes down?  For what you would get for A.J....I don't think it is worth trading him.

Besides, just how bad has he been?  Not great, but he has a total of 16 attempts behind a bad OL in the preseason throwing to a sub-par set of WR's.  That is less attempts than a lot of QB's have in one half of a regular season game.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I have it at 9 AM. My TV guide might be off. 

Is there ALSO a place to see the games 3-5 hours+/day after?

I can't record streams...

And yes ALL QBs and young guys need some added reps IMO. Of course injuries always scare everyone, including coaches

Not sure, but if you have a streaming box that has Kodi installed, I am sure you can likely find it on there. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This, to me, is ABSOLUTELY about trading McCarron. If he is going the whole game that’s the plan. He will be a nice piece in the Mack deal.

Maybe- just remember going into the season with 2 QBs is dicey. Also, Mack with AJ would cost a 1 and a 2 at least along with a monster contract. Personally, I would rather wait and get a solid LB next to Edmunds next year. That said, having Mack would be a huge addition to OLB/DE.

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

meh. maybe he plays well and we get a pick

wouldn't be surprised if it happened. maybe that's why they haven't named a starter yet....for game one.

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The entire "starting" O-line.  I'm going to be sick

hoping teller puts vladdy on the bench...

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Logan Thomas baby....rocket arm....RPO tsar....he will wrap up the starting gig tonight.  Mark my words.....Where is that mea culpa thread again?

Because AJM reinjures his "collarbone" and no one else is listed ? 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

This might sound crazy, but if Logan Thomas is your "emergency QB" why not get him a quarter or so of action at the position just for practice?

If he ever has to play at least he has taken game-like snaps.

had to give it away din't you !?