Last time I saw Bill/Bears preseason game

I lived in Chicago and it was old Soldier Field before the renovation.  Bills had signed two quarterbacks in off season and future looked bright.  Meaningless game but Doug Flutie played and looked pretty good.  You know the rest of the story.  Bills lose first 3 games with Rob Johnson and he gets injured and Flutie becomes a Pro bowl QB and Bills made the playoffs.  Maybe something like that could happen again. 

Anyways, It will be fun to see what happens with the possibility that all 3 QBs may get some playing time.  I'm rooting for Josh Allen, but maybe Peterman will be our Flutie this year.  Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the correct analogy would be Flutie = Peterman and Allen = R. Johnson.

But we seem likely to start Peterman and then will probably put Allen in at some point when things don't go well for the team and/or Peterman.

So the analogy kind of breaks down, if the moral of the story is you are hoping for special things to come from Josh Allen.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, Dave in Bluffton said:

I lived in Chicago and it was old Soldier Field before the renovation.  Bills had signed two quarterbacks in off season and future looked bright.  Meaningless game but Doug Flutie played and looked pretty good.  You know the rest of the story.  Bills lose first 3 games with Rob Johnson and he gets injured and Flutie becomes a Pro bowl QB and Bills made the playoffs.  Maybe something like that could happen again. 

Anyways, It will be fun to see what happens with the possibility that all 3 QBs may get some playing time.  I'm rooting for Josh Allen, but maybe Peterman will be our Flutie this year.  Go Bills!

Which Bluffton? 

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I think the correct analogy would be Flutie = Peterman and Allen = R. Johnson.

But we seem likely to start Peterman and then will probably put Allen in at some point when things don't go well for the team and/or Peterman.

So the analogy kind of breaks down, if the moral of the story is you are hoping for special things to come from Josh Allen.

The analogy is currently alive and well in one respect, the nastiness expressed by some who were wrong about Peterman winning the job.  Rather than supporting the guy, they can't wait to be proven right...