The ransom is set: two first round picks for Khalil Mack !!!!!

B_4_life

The closer it gets to game day. And the more Mack stresses that he will not play and will sit out the entire year only to leave in FA in the offseason, the raiders will take what they can get for him. Asking everyone for 2 first rounds now will gauge if anyone is stupid enough to offer that for him. 

Amd no. At that price I would not. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where is the ransom set? Is this the cool kids thread....for the other thread? About the exact same thing? 

They can want what they want.....they need a buyer. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

You could compare Buffalo's 1st round selection for the next 10 years and still not reach the caliber player Mack has turned out to be IMO.

The way I look at it a high 1st round draft choice would be needed to even come close, higher then Buffalo normally drafts. So to me the deal is costing Buffalo one 1st rounder and Mack cancels out the other.

I say yes, get er done Mr. Beane man

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Figster said:

You could compare Buffalo's 1st round selection for the next 10 years and still not reach the caliber player Mack has turned out to be IMO.

The way I look at it a high 1st round choice would be needed to even come close, higher then Buffalo normally drafts. So to me the deal is costing Buffalo one 1st rounder and Mack cancels out the other.

Thank God you aren't in charge of anything having to do with player personnel decisions for this team.  I swear, there should be a basic intelligence test required before fans can even REGISTER to join this site.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

The closer it gets to game day. And the more Mack stresses that he will not play and will sit out the entire year only to leave in FA in the offseason, the raiders will take what they can get for him. Asking everyone for 2 first rounds now will gauge if anyone is stupid enough to offer that for him. 

Amd no. At that price I would not. 

Exactly,look at what the Sabres paid out to get Skinner for example..or what the Sabres got in return for Kane.Different sport but educated business decisions are pretty much the same. I remember when Ditka sold his entire draft to get Ricky Williams....Times  have changed.

11 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Thank God you aren't in charge of anything having to do with player personnel decisions for this team.  I swear, there should be a basic intelligence test required before fans can even REGISTER to join this site.

Explain the error of my ways then

What Mack is worth is debatable without the insults, no?

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

The way I look at it a high 1st round draft choice would be needed to even come close, higher then Buffalo normally drafts. So to me the deal is costing Buffalo one 1st rounder and Mack cancels out the other.

The draft choices are one part of the cost. The $20 mil+ in cap space is what turns me off. Get cheap young guys, build a team. We are NOT one player away. We could stand to take a top 5-10 pick and trade down for 3-5 starters....if we’re lucky. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This is uncalled for. 

And frankly obnoxious. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

The draft choices are one part of the cost. The $20 mil+ in cap space is what turns me off. Get cheap young guys, build a team. We are NOT one player away. We could stand to take a top 5-10 pick and trade down for 3-5 starters....if we’re lucky. 

I get that Augie

thanks