Right now, who is the Bills best Qb?

Who is the Bills best QB right now.?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bills best QB right now.?

• Allen
    • McCarron
    • Peterman

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Who is the Bills best QB right now.  Not potential, Not who is best behind a crappy oline. Plain and simple who do you think is the best QB today. 

For me it depends upon what you mean by best.

Josh is by far the best QB on the team - he has the best arm, can make all the throws, gives you enough mobility to help the offense, but he is not ready to start game 1 and does not give us the best chance to beat Baltimore.

Nate does not have the skills or the talent of Josh, but he has easily played the best during the preseason - be it with the 1s, the 2s, or the 3/4s.  He has prepared to start in this league and has seen real bullets in an NFL game.  He reads the field the best and can get rid of the ball faster than the other 2.  At this point he is not the best QB, but he is by far the most ready and gives you the best chance to win.

AJ has the most experience, but to me he falls someplace in between Josh and Nate in most QB aspects.  Solid back-up, but if you could get something in trade that is fine also.  I had higher hope for him in TC, but he just has not been good enough prior to the injury.

So for me - Josh is the best QB, but I believe Nate gives them the best chance to win for a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Who is the Bills best QB right now.  Not potential, Not who is best behind a crappy oline. Plain and simple who do you think is the best QB today. 

This isn't even a question.  It's Josh Allen. 

The question who is best suited to playing week 1 given all the circumstances..... I think there is an argument to be made for Peterman. I am conflicted but gun to my head I think I'd start Allen week 1. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Brady and Peterman!  Brady has something called pocket poise and he knows how to slide and step up in the pocket when he's under duress.  The comparison is laughable. 

You need a pocket to have pocket poise.

NP’s first game is known as the “ 5 interception” game. It was also the game that a number of Bills fans were suggesting as a plausibility that the O- linemen were intentionally letting defenders through due to the horrible blocking.

Put Nate in NE behind some of Brady’s SB season lines and he’s a playoff QB. 

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Very rarely does Brady make a big throw that requires a lot of arm.  And in the last couple of years, when he does, the ball is often under thrown or weakly thrown.

Most throws in this league are not long and they don't need to be.  

Nate's style of quick releasing accurate throws for a gain of 6 yards reminds me a ton of Brady.

If he can consistently do that in real games, we're in business.

Brady hasn’t had a terrific long ball since the Moss year. On the contrary, he’s below mediocre past 20 yards.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You need a pocket to have pocket poise.

NP’s first game is known as the “ 5 interception” game. It was also the game that a number of Bills fans were suggesting as a plausibility that the O- linemen were intentionally letting defenders through due to the horrible blocking.

Put Nate in NE behind some of Brady’s SB season lines and he’s a playoff QB. 

Brady hasn’t had a terrific long ball since the Moss year. On the contrary, he’s below mediocre past 20 yards.

Don't cheat on this.

Related image

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

You’re putting stock in preseason stats. Then when he runs face first into a brick wall you can act surprised.

Nathan's preseason stats are better than Josh Allen's preseason stats. I mean, that's all we have to look at. LOL!

It doesn't matter who's better RIGHT NOW. That shouldnt be the question.

The question should be who's better for our future? And that's clearly Allen. Are we really THAT much better off with Peterman? Are we making the Super Bowl with Peterman? Are we a playoff team with Peterman? No, we're not, so throw Allen in there and let him learn by playing. Peterman has the better stats but Allen's been about a foot or 2 off his deep balls from clearly winning this job. The potential is there and I'd rather know what we have by the end of next year, rather than year 3.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

It doesn't matter who's better RIGHT NOW. That shouldnt be the question.

The question should be who's better for our future? And that's clearly Allen. Are we really THAT much better off with Peterman? Are we making the Super Bowl with Peterman? Are we a playoff team with Peterman? No, we're not, so throw Allen in there and let him learn by playing. Peterman has the better stats but Allen's been about a foot or 2 off his deep balls from clearly winning this job. The potential is there and I'd rather know what we have by the end of next year, rather than year 3.

I felt the same way last week before watching JA get mauled behind that line.

lets get that protection settled down a bit and I’m with you.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So many dumb things here.  You first ignore the actual question asked in the OP.  Who is the best right now?  And based on the preseason it's Peterman.  It will be Allen but not right now.

The truly dumb thing is saying he's the worst ever.  Have you watched the Bills since 1960?    I have.  I'll throw a few names out.  Darraugh. Marangi.  Ferraragamo.  Dufek.  And so on.

Bruce Mathison's feelings are really hurt by you leaving him off your list of infamy.

It's hard to make a call after only three preseason games.

But from the action we've witnessed, Nathan Peterman has played the best so far.

Peterman is the only QB to play well against another first-team defense.  I think that has mostly to do with his quicker decision making, which helps counteract some of the poor O-Line play.  When put in with the second and third teams, he also raised the level of play for the guys around him.  Once the real bullets start flying however, I think teams will stack the line and clog the shorter routes.  Eventually, teams are going to take advantage of the lack of arm strength.

In contrast, I think Josh Allen is still too slow in processing everything - which is totally understandable for a rookie, but only makes the O-Line struggles more apparent.  He's clearly got the most talent of the group.  My fear is that with the terrible blocking in front, Allen is going to be a sitting duck.  Instead of being able to focus on his footwork, mechanics and other developmental steps, he's going to be running for his life all game.  Some say he needs to have real in-game experience to get better.  But I don't want the lack of protection to push him back into the old habits he's learning to break.

I haven't been impressed with AJ McCarron at all.  He is a five-year vet who holds the ball longer than Allen, but offers none of the upside. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Wow!  Peterman a 7?  I would say he is a 6 with Allen and AJ at a 5 for different reasons of course.  Allen's potential is high but AJ's talent is only a 5.  

Just remember......... The Ravens won a freaking super bowl with Trent Dilfer.  

The Ravens won a Super Bowl with an elite '85 like Bears defense and Dilfer. As he was a glorified game manager and all things fell into place for that game. I like Nate in that he knows how to throw WRs open and seems good with prereads, my problem is not sure he makes many reads after the snap and if a team changes up coverage or jumps routes he's going to get picked off pretty quick as we saw against the Chargers. I guess I gave Peterman a 7 as think he's the most complete QB we have now but Allen can be better with some seasoning.