LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Pleads Guilty to Insider Trading - Signed By Seattle; Returned from Suspension, Out for the Season with an Injury

Pfff...cutting Kendricks for this is the height of hypocrisy from a owner who’s company has engaged in organized fraud for years. Jesus at least Kendricks released a statement admitting it. If it was some sleazy trumpite accused of the the same thing they’d be denying it and calling it fake news all the way to their prison cell.

hey how about Josh Gordon? He’s still employed by the Browns though? Because it was reported a week or so ago that he owes thousands in back child support. Guess that don’t register as much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wrong forum, Hillary

1 hour ago, StrikeParry said:

Pfff...cutting Kendricks for this is the height of hypocrisy from a owner who’s company has engaged in organized fraud for years. Jesus at least Kendricks released a statement admitting it. If it was some sleazy trumpite accused of the the same thing they’d be denying it and calling it fake news all the way to their prison cell.

hey how about Josh Gordon? He’s still employed by the Browns though? Because it was reported a week or so ago that he owes thousands in back child support. Guess that don’t register as much. 

Wrong forum, Hillary

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Phil Mickelson got caught and pretty much was slapped on the wrist

Phil was too remote to the situation to prosecute and paid all funds back.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I wonder why that happened as opposed to this?

:unsure:

They consider if Phil is actually the directing mind of his financial empire. And there is a chain of knowledge that is considered to eventually be too remote. 

I’m no fan of Phil and it wouldn’t be an insult to suggest he has little informed input in his investing decisions 

same as stating Renaldo and Messi were responsible for their tax issues in Spain.

makes a nice headline though.

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Still can the just have to disclose trades 45 days before law passage. It takes 45 days plus to get out of Committee. So have advanced knowledge of any new law that will inpact industry well before 45 days

I am pretty sure that's not right, where are you getting that info from?

Prosecution targets vary at times, maybe this is a period when they are into insider-trading investigations.

Have worked on them for both the prosecution and the D.

Best to admit you made a big mistake and offer to pay back everything and cooperate fully with the authorities, like Phil did.

It's harder to get out of it when you have professional pedigree (lawyer, accountant) and/or are in the first level of financial info and get caught up in the net.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I am pretty sure that's not right, where are you getting that info from?

Just one example the Stock Act didnt do anything 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/the-truth-about-congress-and-financial-conflicts/2017/10/19/8ea8afd6-b382-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html

It's an interesting situation because (correct me if I am wrong) there is no precedent for this. A guy acts disorderly in public, fails a pee test, or even has a minor criminal offense you know, for the most part, how the league will respond. This random of a crime is hard to imagine what the league would do. I doubt he get's anywhere near jail time, probably just a plea deal of a fine and community service. Interesting situation. 

From the browns perspective, they had too many guys in the LB room anyways so they don't loose too much.

If it seems like the league isn't going to crack down on him too hard, I would be fine signing him. 

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's an interesting situation because (correct me if I am wrong) there is no precedent for this. A guy acts disorderly in public, fails a pee test, or even has a minor criminal offense you know, for the most part, how the league will respond. This random of a crime is hard to imagine what the league would do. I doubt he get's anywhere near jail time, probably just a plea deal of a fine and community service. Interesting situation. 

From the browns perspective, they had too many guys in the LB room anyways so they don't loose too much.

If it seems like the league isn't going to crack down on him too hard, I would be fine signing him. 

he made over a million according to the charges and won't divulge where the profits went (he spent them....) so he's in big trouble, and isn't cooperating

• Like (+1) 1