LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Pleads Guilty to Insider Trading - Signed By Seattle; Returned from Suspension, Out for the Season with an Injury

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet members of Congress routinely do insider trading and it is completely legal. 

Used to be true, but now they have to disclose any trades.  I think their families are still exempt though. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Football player charged with insider trading... Don't hear that every day. 

No you don't!

Anyway, how much longer until Carl Nassib is implicated in this as well?

He gave himself away on Hard Knocks with his investment seminars and "rule of 7s".

:lol:

It has to be hard to know a company is going to tank due to insider information, know a family member or close field has a big chunk of money invested in the company, and yet keep your mouth shut and let them lose it all.

OR the reverse, where you somehow become privy to some non-public information and buy a bunch of stocks based on the idea that they are about to boom. Instead, you should wait until everyone knows and pay 5 times as much.

Not an excuse, but still...

Luckily I'm broke so I don't have money to play the market. :lol:

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Used to be true, but now they have to disclose any trades.  I think their families are still exempt though. 

Still can the just have to disclose trades 45 days before law passage. It takes 45 days plus to get out of Committee. So have advanced knowledge of any new law that will inpact industry well before 45 days

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Browns' LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Admits to Insider Trading - Released by Cleveland

Insider trading happens everyday, everywhere, all the time. An unlucky few get busted for it. I think it’s mostly a victimless crime....

Not sure what he means he didn’t take any of  the profits for himself. 

I assume the Browns weren't too thrilled with his play given that other accused criminals don't get cut immediately upon being implicated in a crime.  Sure, white collar crime is still crime, but it hardly creates public revulsion the way domestic violence does.  

OK, I'll say it: we need linebackers! And the back story of the accused insider trading linebacker could be fun too. Go get him, Mr. Beane! (And yes, I am half serious here.)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Insider trading happens everyday, everywhere, all the time. An unlucky few get busted for it. I think it’s mostly a victimless crime....

Not sure what he means he didn’t take any of  the profits for himself. 

It’s a good way of masking sure money is more efficiently exchanged in the market?