LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Pleads Guilty to Insider Trading - Signed By Seattle; Returned from Suspension, Out for the Season with an Injury

32 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Just like that congressman thats up on charges and the GOP made him withdraw?

His mistake was acting on insider information he learned outside of Congress. Acting on insider information you learn as a consequence of being a member of Congress is not only not a crime, but the a primary source of income. (Edit: On reflection, the earnings from other corruption probably dwarfs the insider stuff)

Edited by Ralonzo

40 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Just like that congressman thats up on charges and the GOP made him withdraw?

I think this one falls under code of conduct so he will be riding the pine.

he's their best INSIDER linebacker

Too Soon ?

Edited by Da webster guy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Think about all the legitimate investors that lost their shirts so this NFL millionaire could live his jet setting lifestyle. :(

This kind of BS undermines what the stock market is designed to do....raise funds for legal businesses and their expansion that creates jobs.

think about all the stock broker / banker millionaires that get away with it regularly. I'm sure if the truths really came out we would be beyond repulsed... 

and it wasn't just a single NFL player there were may others who were the masterminds of this outside the NFL, ya know white collar fat cats who have their own sense of entitlement.. He was just a bank roll

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not a legal expert, especially at the federal level.  Is this something that takes a while where to progress where he can still play?  Or is he going to miss time...as soon as this season?

Good question. I'm not sure that there's ever been a white collar crime case in the NFL like this one. Normally it's just run of the mill domestic violence, sexual assault, PEDs, or ball deflation ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Think about all the legitimate investors that lost their shirts so this NFL millionaire could live his jet setting lifestyle. :(

This kind of BS undermines what the stock market is designed to do....raise funds for legal businesses and their expansion that creates jobs.

I thought it was to make rich people even richer? The stock market is a rich mans game......

Funny that this comes out now, just after he was taking shots at some of his old Eagles teammates.

Edited by apuszczalowski

As Gordon Gekko said, 'The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.'

Maybe Mychal was watching Wall Street and thought he could get away with it. 

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I was thinking along the lines of more prominent congressmen/women.  How many of them go into office as middle class people, but come out after years of service as multi millionaires?  It's like Animal Farm, all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

My late father-in-law had a saying:  "If they're not crooked when they go into elected office, they're crooked by the time they come out."  In many cases, it seems sadly true.

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

well written statement... but everybody who can does exactly this

Sure...."some Harvard guy/Goldman-Sachs devil conned me into doing something I knew was illegal, because I'm a not smart football player"..

This guy can STFU.