LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Pleads Guilty to Insider Trading - Signed By Seattle; Returned from Suspension, Out for the Season with an Injury

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Browns' LB Mychal Kendricks Charged with and Admits to Insider Trading
1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Everybody is sorry once they get caught.  No one ever knew anything until they get caught.   

well in the statement above he did say he knew

Edited by ddaryl

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

well in the statement above he did say he knew

I thought he meant he trusted his Harvard guy, not that he was aware what he was doing was illegal.   But he did say he participated in it so definitely an admission of guilt.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for the guy? 

Think about all the legitimate investors that lost their shirts so this NFL millionaire could live his jet setting lifestyle. :(

This kind of BS undermines what the stock market is designed to do....raise funds for legal businesses and their expansion that creates jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, I sympathize.  If he was a politician, he would skate free.

Just like that congressman thats up on charges and the GOP made him withdraw?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not a legal expert, especially at the federal level.  Is this something that takes a while where to progress where he can still play?  Or is he going to miss time...as soon as this season?

I think this one falls under code of conduct so he will be riding the pine.

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Just like that congressman thats up on charges and the GOP made him withdraw?

I was thinking along the lines of more prominent congressmen/women.  How many of them go into office as middle class people, but come out after years of service as multi millionaires?  It's like Animal Farm, all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I was thinking along the lines of more prominent congressmen/women.  How many of them go into office as middle class people, but come out after years of service as multi millionaires?  It's like Animal Farm, all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I guess its better to take a brief case full of bribe money than than mess with the market ;) 

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for the guy? 

Yep

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, I sympathize.  If he was a politician, he would skate free.

Because, if you knew the law, you'd know it's not illegal for representatives to use insider trading. Or at least it wasn't at one point.

Not even kidding.

Edited by joesixpack

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Agree - I am always amazed how they become millionaires quickly when they make less money than many in the real world.