Seahawks trade for packers back-up QB

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Is this a possible foreshadowing for AJ? Maybe, he’ll play the majority of the 4th pre-season game to showcase something for another team. 

I don’t know how AJM’s contract could impact his potential “trade-ability.”  Seems like teams will be looking for cheaper options for back-up QB’s.  His deal is not overly substantial, but still, much more than guys like Hundley and Kizer.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know how AJM’s contract could impact his potential “trade-ability.”  Seems like teams will be looking for cheaper options for back-up QB’s.  His deal is not overly substantial, but still, much more than guys like Hundley and Kizer.

True, but the raiders are a team I'd keep an eye on. Gruden has been quoted in saying that their back-up isn’t possibly on his team currently and have enough cap space to swing it.

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Seattle really must be a tire fire at QB behind RW. Last week the word was they offered a second round pick for Brissett.

I was going to add this as well. 

Not bad to go from a 2nd for Brissett to a 6th for Hundley. I thought Hundley showed some things last year.

This is interesting because it speaks to two truths in the NFL in 2018- 

1- Having a decent backup qb may is rising on the list of priorities. 

2- The Seahawks are no-longer an old school team. 

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not bad to go from a 2nd for Brissett to a 6th for Hundley. I thought Hundley showed some things last year.

This is interesting because it speaks to two truths in the NFL in 2018- 

1- Having a decent backup qb may is rising on the list of priorities. 

2- The Seahawks are no-longer an old school team. 

This has been mentioned in the media. But, after the 2019 Wilson's contract expires. Just what if he decides he doesn't want to be in Seattle anymore due to their feeble attempts to better that OL. He'll be 30 and might want to stop having to scramble for his life. 

Just a thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This has been mentioned in the media. But, after the 2019 Wilson's contract expires. Just what if he decides he doesn't want to be in Seattle anymore due to their feeble attempts to better that OL. He'll be 30 and might want to stop having to scramble for his life. 

Just a thought. 

The franchise tag will tell him you aren't going anywhere Russ