McDermott and young qbs

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, Stenbar said:

The longer McProcess goes eithout naming his qb the more I think he has a problem with decision making when applied to the qb position. He screwed it up last yr and he needs this to be done already and move on. Also, did he give any reason why he didnt challenge the Allen run on third down. Looked like a first down to me

I'd suggest an eye exam!

If he challenged never would have been over turned.  Looking at the replay they showed Allan with the ball extended out even with the 1st down marker, but he had already touched the ground when they stopped the replay, you really needed to back up the replay a few frames and at that point, IMO the ball wasn't yet even with the marker. 

And even if you want to argue it was even, there was no way it was anywhere close enough to be conclusive to overturn.

So then we could have posts why is McD  wasting challenges on calls he should know will never be over turned.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How do you come by yours?  You seem to know what he is thinking or even more laughable...think you can do better

I was asking a serious question. You come back with sarcasm...My information came from what the coach said and continues to say even tonight. Nothing more needs to be said to you. Goodbye.......

On 8/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I think it really depends on the situation.  Doug Pederson is also from the Andy Reid coaching tree and Wentz started Week 1 of his rookie year.

I wouldn't say the issue with Beane and McDermott is right now, they don't have a lot to choose from.  The mistake they made dates back to March when they had a chance to sign seasoned quarterbacks who had multiple starts in the league, some with real success, and opted instead to sign a guy who had three starts in the league and immediately put him in a competition with two guys who had one start combined.

The Bills should have had a plan on who their projected starter was in March, and then allowed Allen to change their mind if he was lights out in the lead up to the season opener.    Their contingency plan was bad.  Arizona was in a similar situation and handled it much better. 

I agree, pretty obvious we needed to address the o line as well. But losing 2 keystone lineman all of sudden doesn't get fixed overnight in the nfl. But there were veteran options at QB. And its showing we needed more competition at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I agree, pretty obvious we needed to address the o line as well. But losing 2 keystone lineman all of sudden doesn't get fixed overnight in the nfl. But there were veteran options at QB. And its showing we needed more competition at QB.

Would have been better to keep Hotrod. Sign McCarron. Draft Allen if you must.  Out of those 3 and Nasty Nate you should be able to find a starter without going backwards at the.most important position, which we did.  

This pretty much what Seattle did when they found their guy. They kept incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson. Signed Matt Flynn. Drafted Russel Wilson.

Too late ...

Edited by reddogblitz

On 8/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I think it really depends on the situation.  Doug Pederson is also from the Andy Reid coaching tree and Wentz started Week 1 of his rookie year.

I wouldn't say the issue with Beane and McDermott is right now, they don't have a lot to choose from.  The mistake they made dates back to March when they had a chance to sign seasoned quarterbacks who had multiple starts in the league, some with real success, and opted instead to sign a guy who had three starts in the league and immediately put him in a competition with two guys who had one start combined.

The Bills should have had a plan on who their projected starter was in March, and then allowed Allen to change their mind if he was lights out in the lead up to the season opener.    Their contingency plan was bad.  Arizona was in a similar situation and handled it much better. 

Would you have paid $20 million for Sam Bradford? I wouldn't have. We definitely would have benefited from having a more experienced QB on the roster in terms of NFL games played, but the plan was never about this year. We are saving the $$ for next year. It may hold us back for a season, but the vision extends beyond that. 

6 hours ago, Big C said:

Would you have paid $20 million for Sam Bradford? I wouldn't have. We definitely would have benefited from having a more experienced QB on the roster in terms of NFL games played, but the plan was never about this year. We are saving the $$ for next year. It may hold us back for a season, but the vision extends beyond that. 

I would have paid him in a second.  He is currently slotted as the 19th highest paid Quarterback in the league.   The benefit of signing a player like that stretches far beyond play on the field.   He has been through the same situation as Allen is going through now, and could teach a him a lot.   Peterman brings none of that.   Its the NFL, Quarterbacks get paid a lot of money.   Even the mid range starters