McDermott and young qbs

The longer McProcess goes eithout naming his qb the more I think he has a problem with decision making when applied to the qb position. He screwed it up last yr and he needs this to be done already and move on. Also, did he give any reason why he didnt challenge the Allen run on third down. Looked like a first down to me. 

10 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

The longer McProcess goes eithout naming his qb the more I think he has a problem with decision making when applied to the qb position. He screwed it up last yr and he needs this to be done already and move on. Also, did he give any reason why he didnt challenge the Allen run on third down. Looked like a first down to me. 

I'm more confused why he didn't go for it. Who cares, it's the preseason.

The only reasoning I can think of for him not challenging is if he wanted to save timeouts for a 2 minute drill at the end of the half. I'd prefer they just go for it.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

You just cant have a wild duck as a pet. Sorry, itll drive you quackers!! 

Meanwhile,  Cam would argue this strategy. 

I would probably guess but I think he’d probably ask Andy about developing a young qb before he’d goto Ron Rivera since Andy’s been a qb coach going all the way back to some guy named Farve 

15 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The only reasoning I can think of for him not challenging is if he wanted to save timeouts for a 2 minute drill at the end of the half. I'd prefer they just go for it.

Right on, he went to the locker room with all three timeouts anyways...

30 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

The decision is made. What does McDermott have to gain by telling you about it?

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

For all you know he made the decision on draft day..

I think it really depends on the situation.  Doug Pederson is also from the Andy Reid coaching tree and Wentz started Week 1 of his rookie year.

I wouldn't say the issue with Beane and McDermott is right now, they don't have a lot to choose from.  The mistake they made dates back to March when they had a chance to sign seasoned quarterbacks who had multiple starts in the league, some with real success, and opted instead to sign a guy who had three starts in the league and immediately put him in a competition with two guys who had one start combined.

The Bills should have had a plan on who their projected starter was in March, and then allowed Allen to change their mind if he was lights out in the lead up to the season opener.    Their contingency plan was bad.  Arizona was in a similar situation and handled it much better. 

• Like (+1) 1

tI don't think its was firm plan and if somehow Allen was making plays against the Bengals despite the OL he would of gotten he nod week 1.. But the fact is Peterman has looked the best of all 3 QB's and he is going to get the nod week 1.

I think the Bills coaches handled this correctly... They had a plan and they let it play out

Edited by ddaryl

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I would probably guess but I think he’d probably ask Andy about developing a young qb before he’d goto Ron Rivera since Andy’s been a qb coach going all the way back to some guy named Farve 

All speculation none the less. 

He is his own man, mind you:)

15 hours ago, Stenbar said:

mAybe because it's pre season and we need to practice punting too?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Agree with this. Head scratching coaching. Should have been challenged 1st of all.Guess it was poor preseason coaching. Doesn't really give me high hopes going forward though. Think they went into the half with all TO's if I recall correctly, but the whole thing didn't make sense IMO.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree with this. Head scratching coaching. Should have been challenged 1st of all.Guess it was poor preseason coaching. Doesn't really give me high hopes going forward though. Think they went into the half with all TO's if I recall correctly, but the whole thing didn't make sense IMO.

i think Coach McDermott just wanted to punt.  Guys on the bubble make it or don't based on kicking teAms play.  Gives him a chance to see them in a game.  It's pre season.

• Like (+1) 1