Rosen Allen Analysis on NFL Network

Just watched a guy try to demonstrate how Allen hesitated...then got sacked. Everything was slow motion. Then they showed Rosen supposedly showing more poise and being patient with a throw.  Their claim was that Rosen was so much more mature a QB.  Dumb asses didn't see that Rosen had like 4 seconds in the pocket? It was a retired offensive lineman doing the analysis (forgot the name). You'd think he'd know better and provide better insight on our line collapsing.....then the show cuts to Fantasy Football. Wow....NFL Network is rivaling ESPN in the dumb-ass parade.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Rosen missed the 3rd preseason game because he injured his thumb in practice.

Allen's head bounced off the turf and he was on the field for the next snap.

Rosen would be in concussion protocol until we had a new Pope after that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Guess you missed their second game where he bounced back up after hits. Guy smartly took his time with a concussion and you people act like he's made of glass. He was sacked at a very high rate in college behind one of the worst lines. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Guess you missed their second game where he bounced back up after hits. Guy smartly took his time with a concussion and you people act like he's made of glass. He was sacked at a very high rate in college behind one of the worst lines. 

He's mentally tough, in terms of popping back up after getting hit.

He's also been concussed a few times on record, and medically, every successive concussion increases your risk for future ones.

It's unfortunate, as I liked the kid in college, and wouldn't have been upset if we drafted him, but I do think he's at a huge risk for concussions cutting his career short, which is kind of sad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Just watched a guy try to demonstrate how Allen hesitated...then got sacked. Everything was slow motion. Then they showed Rosen supposedly showing more poise and being patient with a throw.  Their claim was that Rosen was so much more mature a QB.  Dumb asses didn't see that Rosen had like 4 seconds in the pocket? It was a retired offensive lineman doing the analysis (forgot the name). You'd think he'd know better and provide better insight on our line collapsing.....then the show cuts to Fantasy Football. Wow....NFL Network is rivaling ESPN in the dumb-ass parade.

I saw this - it was Sean O'Hara, and it was exactly as you described.  Complete horse turds from the mouth of yet another idiot former-player who gets paid good money on NFLN.

Every clip of Rosen showed an actual pocket that was there for a while.

1 hour ago, The Process said:

ESPN still > NFL Network.  

NFLN is mostly unwatchable...a pity, becasue it could actually be good...but it isn't.

Go back and look at the tape.  Believe your own eyes not what some knucklehead is reading off a TelePrompTer -  Allen played fine- he had 2 bad plays and 7 plays where he had no chance because of the o-line.  As is always the case time will tell.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am glad my job does not rely on analyzing a preseason game where i am not sure what is being expected of the line or qb or recievers. Ohara might suck but he is being told to make an opinion based on nothing. Espn has turned into this and it is why i have not watched anything on espn or foxsports except live sports in at least a year.