Rosen Allen Analysis on NFL Network

It is hard to evaluate  Josh Allen when the oline was so poor and receivers  were dropping the few good plays.. One think i really loved though was Allen with ball security. when the sacks came he guarded that ball to dear life like it was his baby.  other than that, we really cant give the guy a rating because there was mess around him preventing him from doing anything good.

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

I saw this - it was Sean O'Hara, and it was exactly as you described.  Complete horse turds from the mouth of yet another idiot former-player who gets paid good money on NFLN.

Every clip of Rosen showed an actual pocket that was there for a while.

Yeah I actually laughed out loud at that one TD pass they showed Rosen throwing.   It was this massive pocket with nobody in front of him and his receiver coming across the middle open.   Honestly looked like a training camp drill with 11 on 7.     High school qb makes that throw

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's mentally tough, in terms of popping back up after getting hit.

He's also been concussed a few times on record, and medically, every successive concussion increases your risk for future ones.

It's unfortunate, as I liked the kid in college, and wouldn't have been upset if we drafted him, but I do think he's at a huge risk for concussions cutting his career short, which is kind of sad.

I could be wrong, but I thought the whole CTE and other serious effects was about receiving another concussion before you fully healed from the last one, not the number of concussions itself.  Like in general, a guy who has had 3 concussions but spaced out and healed in between, would likely be better off than a guy who had 2 overlapping.

19 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah I actually laughed out loud at that one TD pass they showed Rosen throwing.   It was this massive pocket with nobody in front of him and his receiver coming across the middle open.   Honestly looked like a training camp drill with 11 on 7.     High school qb makes that throw

Did they show the dart against the saints?

kids a good passer. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Odds are he’s ahead of ours today. If ours grows to his potential he will be much better. Problem is at this level - if mechanics are bad they don’t get fixed if you have a ton of reps practicing the bad. If you don’t have a ton of reps it’s easier to fix footwork but odds are you have to learn a ton of concepts (on top of mechanics)... which is hard to do. We are hoping he is the exception that’s right in the sweet spot where he’s learned a lot conceptually but not locked into bad habits. Long shot but likable kid with all the potential in the world. 

3 hours ago, The Process said:

Just watched a guy try to demonstrate how Allen hesitated...then got sacked. Everything was slow motion. Then they showed Rosen supposedly showing more poise and being patient with a throw.  Their claim was that Rosen was so much more mature a QB.  Dumb asses didn't see that Rosen had like 4 seconds in the pocket? It was a retired offensive lineman doing the analysis (forgot the name). You'd think he'd know better and provide better insight on our line collapsing.....then the show cuts to Fantasy Football. Wow....NFL Network is rivaling ESPN in the dumb-ass parade.

Agree...the O line was like a turnstile...coaching staff stated that they were experimenting, but I am surprised they did that with the franchise QB. I think Allen kept his poise considering that he had no time to set and throw.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Rosen missed the 3rd preseason game because he injured his thumb in practice.

Allen's head bounced off the turf and he was on the field for the next snap.

If Rosen gets a hangnail he's out. Seen it first hand in Pasadena. Allen will learn, grow and improve.  He will have a longer career than Rosen.

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the whole CTE and other serious effects was about receiving another concussion before you fully healed from the last one, not the number of concussions itself.  Like in general, a guy who has had 3 concussions but spaced out and healed in between, would likely be better off than a guy who had 2 overlapping.

The average time to fully heal from a concussion is something between 50-100 days.

Some symptoms don't even show up right away.

Mini blows to the head always add up, and if they are happening before the concussion is fully healed, then they are very detrimental long term.

When an actual concussion happens and is diagnosed, there have probably been many "mini concussions" prior leading up to it in a sport like football.