Do we have 5 NFL quality TEs?

cage

Do we have 5 NFL quality TEs?   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets cut? (can choose more than 1)

• Croom
    • Thomas
    • Lee
    • O'Leary
    • DiMarco

6 minutes ago, cage said:

I think I would keep all 5 and cut DiMarco instead of a TE...

Are we collecting them?  ?

EDIT:  Maybe a whole bunch of TEs in a scheme would be handy for Tyrod's little 5 yard pass, that most here seem to remember.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Caffeine kicked in. I'm going to paint the house.
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I never thought I'd say this, but watching the O line this preseason makes me think:  do we need a block first big TE of the Lee Smith/Mulligan variety?  

Also watching our receivers, I'm liking our TEs much more...

Like almost everyone else, I like Logan Thomas's potential as a TE. But that's still what it is: potential. He's now 27 years old. Croom appears to have passed him on the depth chart. I've seen his blocking praised, but I'm not sure about that. You hate to give up on a real talent (particularly on a team that is - let's face facts - rebuilding), but realistically, what can we expect from him? If he emerges as a force, even if just in red zone situations, he gets expensive. If he doesn't, he uses a roster spot that a more experienced TE could win. I'm not sold on him at all.

16 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

5 quality TE's ? Hardly, maybe some potential but quality is not there. Including in particular Clay...

Maybe convert a WR to a TE?  Then the Bills can put them on the market as a 'six pack'?  Don't forget to mention that one of them is Jack Nicholson's nephew!

47 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Thomas had a couple nice plays, but numbers game.  The Croominator has outplayed him.  O'Nicklaus is safe.  I like Khari Lee, but he's also on the cut line.  We'll see on Friday.

41 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Croom scores a TD in PS and he’s the next coming of Gronk? 

It has very little to do with a TD, he has been running as TE2 because he earned it and jumped over O'leary.  Nobody is calling him Gronk except Steve.  I think Lee makes it because of his blocking ability, they are going to need it.   So if can also be an FB that may get him a roster position.

Edited by mattynh

30 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It has very little to do with a TD, he has been running as TE2 because he earned it and jumped over O'leary.  Nobody is calling him Gronk except Steve.  I think Lee makes it because of his blocking ability, they are going to need it.   So if can also be an FB that may get him a roster position.

Yes, someone needs to block up front.

I can see keeping four TEs, especially with our weak WR group. Croom is a keeper, too athletic to put on the PS. O'Leary is a gamer, Lee is a hellova blocker. Logan has a lot of potential but is behind the others.  I'd lose DiMarco and keep four TEs.

Edited by Green Lightning