Good Guy, Blake Bortles

The_Dude

19 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/28/blake-bortles-provided-free-meals-for-first-responders-in-jacksonville/

I love when players do things like this. There really are some great guys out there. JJ Watt’s one. Andy Dalton is another. I’m always happy to see dudes do what they can. Good guy, Bortles. 

Refreshing news to highlight instead of the usual negative sports stories put out by the media.

• Like (+1) 2

The good guys a

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Refreshing news to highlight instead of the usual negative sports stories put out by the media.

The league is full of good guys doing good things and it’s always the knuckleheads that make the news. It’s a shame. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, The_Dude said:

The good guys a

The league is full of good guys doing good things and it’s always the knuckleheads that make the news. It’s a shame. 

The knuckleheads make for better news, and that's all the "media" cares about.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The good guys a

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

The knuckleheads make for better news, and that's all the "media" cares about.

Agreed.  Suppose it's the same for most events the media report on.  The more news I watch the more bitter I become...mostly sad, depressing, or frustrating news.  But as you both said...plenty of good out there.

Edited by Johnnycage46

35 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/28/blake-bortles-provided-free-meals-for-first-responders-in-jacksonville/

I love when players do things like this. There really are some great guys out there. JJ Watt’s one. Andy Dalton is another. I’m always happy to see dudes do what they can. Good guy, Bortles. 

A lot more than you know of.