Bills are playing a little "Rope A Dope" with the AFC

2 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Thanks, that was what I was trying to get at. I’m no Rex fan either, but this team was a middle of the road team with him, and will likely continue to be so under McDermott.  

I don’t hate McDermott, but many overrate him based on the fact that he happened to be the coach who “broke the streak”, despite only having one more win than Rex’s first season, and and the same record as Marrone in his last season.

Also, side note, if Rex and the Bills don’t get jobbed in MNF against Seattle, and they finish 8-8 for the second consecutive season, what happens last year? Does he still get axed? Is Whaley still gm despite his monumental whiff on Shaq Lawson? 

It’s not as if McDermott has done something no other Bills coach hasn’t in the last 17 years, he just happened to get the 9 wins under the right circumstances... He definitely gets a pass this year no matter what the W/L record due to OL retirements and roster turnover, especially at QB, but if he doesn’t right the ship by next year I hope he isn’t given special consideration for “ending the drought” when that had just as much to do with Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd performing a miracle worthy of canonization, as it did himself.

edit- and OP is nuts, to even mention this squad and Super Bowl era teams in the same breath.  Those 90’s Super Bowl era teams would be dominating the NFL now, and certainly would’ve brought home a Lombardi in this era where you can’t play defense.   Some people don’t realize just how special that squad was, if you did you wouldn’t mention them in the same breath as this garbage they are putting out this season.   Find me one team right now that has as many possible Hall of Famers in their prime as those teams did.  

Its a shame they didn’t just bring one home bc the world will never truly appreciate just how special those teams really were.

Weak

8 hours ago, H2o said:

This thread.......

CPRXVZOWIAA6yoz.jpg

OP has got the music playing where Dorothy, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow and TIn Woodsman  come upon the Emerald City.

After the Cincy game, I'm working off this flying monkeys vibe, with a side of the Wicked Witch of the West.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Remember the Super Bowl years when the Bills would go 0-4 in the preseason....?  Did you ever consider that we are going unleash HELL on opening day of the Regular Season?

Get your lips off the crack pipe buddy! That's dangerous shiz-nit.

I remember back in the day when we went 0-6 in preseason.  It was 1973.  And then OJ ran for 250 opening day. Of course we had an O line then.

I try not to over-react to preseason games, and understand they were looking at different combinations of guys up front.  But when you have guys that just get physically manhandled that's not really scheme, etc.  That's just bad.

9 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Remember the Super Bowl years when the Bills would go 0-4 in the preseason....?  Did you ever consider that we are going unleash HELL on opening day of the Regular Season?

If this were true, and I was head coach, I would FIRE the OC for taking such a chance with our inexperienced QBs.

Our only hope is that Daboll is a good enough OC to call plays that Peterman CAN EXECUTE. 

Hopefully, SOMEONE who works for the Bills has enough knowledge about the O Line can get the mess sorted out and replace whoever is responsible for the poor performance of the unit.

WOW - talk about screwing up a wet dream...

there are 3 ways to deal with this preseason 

1. Curl up in a fetal position and rock back and forth while telling  yourself everything is going to be alright
  2. Take a calm headed approach and believe we are not great but we are not basement dwellers either and this is just preseason
  3. Pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Ducasse, Groy, Miller, Mills are absolute HELL all right!

the bills are going to unleash hell alright

on their own fans

again

9 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't take much stock. But did we get our ass handed to us by mediocre starters game 3 in the first and early second quarters

Dont grt me wrong out oline is blah, but cinnci has a top 5 d line they are bot mediocre, and the game before had  myles Garrett, who might end up with 20 sacks this year

17 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

there are 3 ways to deal with this preseason 

1. Curl up in a fetal position and rock back and forth while telling  yourself everything is going to be alright
  2. Take a calm headed approach and believe we are not great but we are not basement dwellers either and this is just preseason
  3. Pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows

Respectfully:

4.  Start five or six more threads bemoaning the fact.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Respectfully:

4.  Start five or six more threads bemoaning the fact.

technically  that could be added to all 3 that I mentioned above but yeah over thread starting/posting compensations could be #4

Edited by ddaryl

Ummmm....... no.  this team stinks real, actual stink lines.  That offensive line alone has the look and feel of a freshly laid cat box deposit.  don't even get me started on the secondary, I was embarrassed by what I saw.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Backed into the playoffs means that a team makes the playoffs after losing their last game of the season.

The Bills won their game and got help. That is not backing into the playoffs.

Lucked into the playoffs is more accurate.

This is accurate. The Bills won 9 games last year. Whether you consider it good coaching, opportunistic defense, culture change or good fortune. 9 games won is 9 games won and sometimes its good enough to make the post season regardless of what other teams do. They won the games down the stretch they needed to and Baltimore didn't.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

More like soap on a rope.  I love the blind optimism though:w00t:

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Ummmm....... no.  this team stinks real, actual stink lines.  That offensive line alone has the look and feel of a freshly laid cat box deposit.  don't even get me started on the secondary, I was embarrassed by what I saw.

yup.  the cinci game was Alabama vs East Chattanooga Community College.  Or if you prefer a basketball analogy, the Harlem Globetrotters versus Kenmore East JV.   We're all cheering for Kenmore East but we know exactly what's going to happen.