Jon Ryan Feels He Can Play ‘For a Couple More Years’

Bills' Canadian Punter Jon Ryan Feels He Can Play ‘For a Couple More Years’

Even if things don’t work out for punter Jon Ryan with the Buffalo Bills, he’s not ready to hang up his kicking cleats.

The 36-year-old from Regina, Sask., is in Year 15 as a professional punter, in either the CFL or NFL.

After he and his team of the past 10 NFL seasons, the Seattle Seahawks, mutually parted ways early last week, Ryan signed two days later with the Bills.

Right. Another NFL team close to Canada.

“I’ve played in Seattle, Winnipeg, Green Bay and now Buffalo. I like to work close to the Canadian border, apparently,” Ryan told Postmedia, in a locker room interview Sunday night following Buffalo’s 26-13 preseason loss to the visiting Cincinnati Bengals.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jon Ryan Feels He Can Play ‘For a Couple More Years’

Our 1st 4 punts were not good. 

~ 9th place in Punt Pass & Kick regionals.

Schmidt punts 34 yards to CIN 43

Schmidt punts 37 yards to CIN 25

Schmidt punts 35 yards to BUF 46

Schmidt punts 36 yards to CIN 21

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, hemma said:

Oh, damn. I didn't realize it was that bad.

When you consider other guys are averaging 40-50 yards, that's not good for Schmidt.

2 hours ago, hemma said:

So they let him know they arent happy with his punts by bringing in competition and then he goes out and hits 4 straight punts of 37 yards or less, none of them inside the 20?  Might as well just hand Ryan your cleats and locker with a performance like that.  

But on the bright side all he needed was a punt of 38 or 33 yards for a straight...

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hemma said:

Thats a tight grouping.  My man Schmidt sandwich was dialed in.  He just needs to club up n'letter rip and NOT schmidt the bed when we get into prime punting territory. Alternatively, McDermott needs to be more aware of the down and distance when we approach the Marrone Redzone and look to punt between midfield and the offensive 40.  Pin em' deep and let Shaq attack the QB!!!

• Haha (+1) 1