The Next Bills QB....Ryan Zapoticky aka Kid Tutty

The big question is, which QB do the Bills do the Bills play in Game 4 of the preseason?  Do you sit Peterman and Allen?  If so, do you give all 4 quarters to AJ McCarron who is coming of a shoulder injury?

The option many people are pointing to is the Bills signing a new QB for week 4 aka a “Matt Simms-like Punching Bag.”  

Apparently at the press confernce McDermott was asked about QB’s and he said something like “Brandon Beane is working on that.”

So if the Bills sign a QB - who do they sign?  The speculation is that they might sign “Mr. Camp Arm” Ryan Zapticky the former QB from Shippensberg University.  Zapaticky’s heroics during OTA’s earned him the nickname “The Touchdown Kid” or “The Tutty Kid” or “Kid Tutty,” by Joe Buscaglia and Matt Fairburn.   They have goofed on him during a few podcasts.  For the sheer comedy, I’d love to see Kid Tutty start game 4.

My other choice would be former UB QB Joe Licata.  Joe used to co-host Tim Graham’s radio show and was very outspoken about some QB’s on the Bills.  I’d love to see what he can do behind center to see if he can back up his words

254C25B0-6EE3-4FA5-8E26-817E8F63EDF0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never heard anyone call this kid the TD kid but he might get a call since he knows the offense somewhat 

0% chance Licata does as he has been out of the league for a while and is now a HS coach 

not even a camp arm really at this point

You obviously don’t listen to the Bills Beat podcast then....

I know people will object, but I would trade for Bridgewater if they would do it for a third or fourth.  He’s only $5 mil on his contract, and just do an injury settlement for A.J.

i know it won’t happen, but he would be even better than Peterman and Allen proved he’s not ready.  I still believe he will be in time, but not now.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You obviously don’t listen to the Bills Beat podcast then....

No I haven’t. 

I can see zapticky being signed before Licata

But Licata hasn’t been in a camp in a while

i would be really surprised to see him in an NFL uniform again 

Edited by Buffalo716

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know people will object, but I would trade for Bridgewater if they would do it for a third or fourth.  He’s only $5 mil on his contract, and just do an injury settlement for A.J.

i know it won’t happen, but he would be even better than Peterman and Allen proved he’s not ready.  I still believe he will be in time, but not now.

Jets are not trading to a division rival as much as I would love it to happen. It's our fault. We should have signed Teddy before McCarron anyway.

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So you bring in Bridgewater a now week before season starts, no reps with players, doesn't know playbook, no prior work with coaching staff.  And you think he'll be better than Peterman.  

Great idea if this was Madden football, then it work work fine!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So you bring in Bridgewater a now week before season starts, no reps with players, doesn't know playbook, no prior work with coaching staff.  And you think he'll be better than Peterman.  

Great idea if this was Madden football, then it work work fine!!

You make the assumption I am inferring Bridgewater starts week 1’ vs. giving McCarren an injury settlement as he is hurt and has not shown much at all.  To clarify, I’d rather have Peterman start week 1, allow Bridgewater to learn everything you mentioned as insurance if Peterman struggles in real games, and Bridgewater is a bridge. 

I just dont don’t see Allen ready anytime soon, so yes he is hopefully a long term solution, but Bridgewater has far more experience than Peterman, and Bridgewater has a chance to prove he can still start.  Allen will get his chance in time and Bridgewater could get us through the year.  Three viable short and long term solutions.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You make the assumption I am inferring Bridgewater starts week 1’ vs. giving McCarren an injury settlement as he is hurt and has not shown much at all.  To clarify, I’d rather have Peterman start week 1, allow Bridgewater to learn everything you mentioned as insurance if Peterman struggles in real games, and Bridgewater is a bridge. 

I just dont don’t see Allen ready anytime soon, so yes he is hopefully a long term solution, but Bridgewater has far more experience than Peterman, and Bridgewater has a chance to prove he can still start.  Allen will get his chance in time and Bridgewater could get us through the year.  Three viable short and long term solutions.

If Peterman struggles then go with Allen.  Struggles likely meant lost games, with the early schedule likely anyone could struggle with the overall team around him.  At that point the season is likely lost anyway, so then give Allen the start.  By then are thru the tough part of the schedule and he has learned something watching from the sideline too.

On the other hand if your position is not to start Bridgewater week 1, likely be week 2 or 3 from the sounds of things AJ would be fine to go back to anyway, maybe even from game 1 from what we're hearing.  Sounds like AJ would be available in much less time than it would take a new guy to learn the offense and be familiar with those around him. 

Overall with the injury settlement, plus guaranteed money, and then pay Bridgewater, it would likely cost more to bring him in so what is gained, appears nothing IMO